Question for the driod guys

Fubar231

What droid do you recommend for a verizon user? My bb storms screen cracked in like 30 places in my pocket during putt putt tonight , dont know how, but im going to get a droid.

What do you suggest?

Im between.

Droid by HTC or w/e

Droid X

Droid 2

Benefits / Problems? Also, im going to root it etc. i just want the phone that has the best parts basically.

Please i know theres some phone guys out there, let me know!!!

I have the Droid Incredible by HTC. I really like it and suggest it as it's got the best mix of the phones IMHO. 3.7 inch screen IIRC. 8gb of internal memory, android 2.2, 1ghz processor just like the Droid X without the X's size. Blazing fast as well.

And don't go by what verizon says they can be upgraded to on SD cards. I had a 32gb micro SD and it worked perfectly even though verizon says it only supports up to 16gb

Interested in this aswell as im looking at the droid 2

Honestly once you get used to the onscreen keyboard the slideout one is useless. A few friends have had the original droid and they said that after a couple weeks of using the onscreen keyboard they hardly ever touched the slider.

3.7 inch screen IIRC. 8gb of internal memory, android 2.2, 1ghz processor just like the Droid X without the X's size.

And don't go by what verizon says they can be upgraded to on SD cards. I had a 32gb micro SD and it worked perfectly even though verizon says it only supports up to 16gb

Do you know the specs of the droid 2 or the droid x?

This is the kind of info i want.

Thanks

I'd say the X or Incredible....even the Fascinate(best screen). Droid 2 if you want a physical keyboard..Only reason to get that, imo.

Thanks

4.3" screen Vs. 3.4 I believe on the D2. Both rock a 1ghz processor..I think the mem is the same as well. I hear the X has the best batt in the business.

Thanks

The memory is the same for the Incredible and X. Not sure why they wrote them out like that. Plus ask most general android users and they'll say the HTC Sense User Interface is better than Motorola's Blur but to each his own. Also if you get the Incredible I'd say go online and get a larger battery. That's my only complaint is the battery life. You can get higher output batteries without the extra size as well.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj32/Formula98/comparison.png

X should have the best battery life cause the thing is ridiculously huge, at what point is a phone not a phone anymore? It's almost like carrying around a PSP with you all day. (Not quite but its huge).

I Have the incredible and have zero complaints about the phone itself, verizon and the recent update to the android software, thats a different story. My battery life was much better untill the last update to 2.2 or whatever it is now.

If you have a charger in your car though you will never really have an issue. I manage fine and just plug it usually once a day for an hour or so.

No comments on the other phones as I have no experience with them.

I had the eris before i got the x. At first i thought the x was too large and would hate carrying it around,but i got used to it real quick and whenever i grab my eris now it feels small and awkward and i don't like it. IIRC my X came with 8GB of internal and 16gGB of removable storage.

I just got a droid X. Love it and its nuts how much power they pack into a handheld device these days. Myself I wouldn't want to deal with a smaller screen, but as mentioned in my thread a few days ago I need all the screen I can get for engineering drawings and tables.

Id suggest Droid X. However, the Evo 4G has more rooting support than all the Verizon droid phones combined. The XDA developers and HTC seem to play nicely together. Alot more roms and themes for the evo. Same specs as the X too. Something to think about.

If youre getting a brand new one.. X for sure. If you REALLY need the keyboard then the D2 of course. The ONLY reason Im still on my Droid 1 is because of the custom roms.

Whenever they release a new android based vzw phone with a screen like the iPhone4 Im going to pick it up though.

The droid x can and has been rooted. The locked bootloader doesn't care. The issue is with flashing custom roms. I traded my X for the Incredible. Lost a little screen, but besides that I love it. Best phone I've had, including the X. HTC's build quality is superior to Motorola.

HTC incredible here too...and i dont know what benner is talking about...everything ive seen as far as upgrading the SD card said 32gb...never saw anything about 16gb.

im happy with it though. very happy.

Maybe they've updated it since I last checked but for a while everything was saying they only supported up to 16gb micro SD cards.

Nexus One. Or a Droid 1 if you can find it.

Standard Android OS, and open bootloader. Truly dev phones for those that believe in the power of open source.

Why? Avoid the bloatware, adware, and OS overlay crap Verizon installs on all their later phones right out of the gate.

If you're just Joe Phone User, then get the Incredible, its halfway between ginormous and too small and not *too* bloated with Verizon crapware. Or the Fascinate.

Enjoy the Bing.... :rollseyes

Nexus One. Or a Droid 1 if you can find it.

Standard Android OS, and open bootloader. Truly dev phones for those that believe in the power of open source.

Why? Avoid the bloatware, adware, and OS overlay crap Verizon installs on all their later phones right out of the gate.

If you're just Joe Phone User, then get the Incredible, its halfway between ginormous and too small and not *too* bloated with Verizon crapware. Or the Fascinate.

Enjoy the Bing.... :rollseyes

The Droid 1 lacks the power the incredible has. Even with overclocking, the incredible loads smoother between screen transitions and launcher use. The incredible is still completely open, root it, remove bloatware, and go to town with custom roms.