So the nightmare begin!!

Forrest Gump 9

This OSU vs Wisconsin had been giving me nightmare all years. Here are couples reasons why we, the OSU fan, need to worry.

-we are rank #1, we've always screwed up when we're #1.

-espn gameday is on this game

-game is in Wisconsin

-game is at night

I hope I'm over reacting. Enjoys the game tonite and remember it's only a game (or so I've telling myself).

key things to remember! No matter what OSU team goes to Wisconsin they average 16 pts a game, BUT we know the badgers are a running team and OSU has a solid run stop defense with that being said our DB's haven't really been tested so Wisconsin might come out throwing, if you remember Eastern Michigan had success throwing the ball on OSU and they scored 20 pts

key things to remember! No matter what OSU team goes to Wisconsin they average 16 pts a game, BUT we know the badgers are a running team and OSU has a solid run stop defense with that being said our DB's haven't really been tested so Wisconsin might come out throwing, if you remember Eastern Michigan had success throwing the ball on OSU and they scored 20 pts

And leave Clay to get cold? Beilema wouldn't dare. They'll push the run game, though I suspect we will give up a few big passes.

This OSU vs Wisconsin had been giving me nightmare all years. Here are couples reasons why we, the OSU fan, need to worry.

-we are rank #1, we've always screwed up when we're #1.

ummmmmm

OSU is like 13-2 while ranked #1 since 2006, possibly better, can't remember what week they were named #1 in 2007

2 of Wisconsin's best defensive players are out. A LB and a DE. Pryor will have time and if he's on he'll be able to abuse their bad secondary.

Our defense will probably get hit early with some long completions to their TE, Kendricks. Then hopefully we button it up and cruise.

2 of Wisconsin's best defensive players are out. A LB and a DE. Pryor will have time and if he's on he'll be able to abuse their bad secondary.

Our defense will probably get hit early with some long completions to their TE, Kendricks. Then hopefully we button it up and cruise.

Hopefully they slide over to cover the TE seeing as how the TE has been the main focus of Wisky's passing attack for a few years now. It shouldn't be a surprise at this point. They don't exactly have world beaters on the outside so OSU SHOULD be able to man up the outside and have Johnson play a deep zone and Hines man up on the TE. I don't know if they trust Johnson enough to do that though

That's the thing though, you mentioned the EMU passing and it was because our safeties were biting on play action. I suspect Wisconsin will aim to take advantage of that further then I just hope our guys will get their asses in gear and play with discipline.

Score last year was 31-13, OSU will win again atleast by 21. Relax. You guys are really good.

playing devils advocate, we had 3 defensive td's. wisconsins time of possession was 43min vs osu's 17min. held to 184 total yards with only 87 in the air....

now TP has improved greatly, but our o line has not and that will be the key to our win or loss.

vegas has us winning but with a spread of only 3.5

edit: just found this in the dispatch

Line play will be key to stopping Badgers

Saturday, October 16, 2010 03:03 AM

By Ken Gordon

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Forget about Terrelle Pryor and John Clay. The winner of tonight's game between Ohio State and Wisconsin will be decided by people such as Nathan Williams and Gabe Carimi.

Football people know this. Most weeks, the outcome is determined by linemen - the anonymous grunts who strain and struggle, just so players such as Pryor, the Ohio State quarterback, or Clay, a Wisconsin running back, can grab the glory.

"That's where the game is won and lost," OSU coach Jim Tressel said.

But more so than usual, the spotlight this week is on the line of scrimmage.

The top-ranked Buckeyes (6-0, 2-0 Big Ten) need to protect Pryor, who has developed into a dangerous passing threat and who still might be nursing a strained quadriceps suffered two weeks ago.

To pull an upset, the No.18 Badgers (5-1, 1-1) must get some push up front so that their vaunted ground game can get untracked. Wisconsin is counting on Clay (115.3 rushing yards per game) and fellow back James White (80.8) to gain yards and chew up the clock, keeping the ball away from Pryor.

That's why Williams, a defensive end, and his Ohio State teammates have spent more time than usual in the video room this week, trying to get an edge against players such as Carimi, Wisconsin's left tackle.

It's the essence of football, really, individual matchups such as this.

"Every play on defense is a one-on-one battle with the person in front of you," Williams said, "and if you beat the person in front of you, you will make plays."

For further motivation, the Buckeyes said they watched the teams' 2008 meeting, also at night in Madison, Wis. Although Ohio State won 20-17, the defensive linemen remember how Clay and the Badgers marched smartly downfield to take a 17-13 lead with 6:31 remaining.

Wisconsin covered all 63 yards on the ground.

"They kicked our butts on the defensive line," defensive end Cameron Heyward said. "We were very lucky to win that game."

The pregame video preparation is detailed, players say. Like predators scouting prey, they look for weaknesses in the linemen they will face.

"You see what they do, if he pass-sets early, if he sets his feet early, if he lunges, all sorts of stuff like that you look at," Williams said. "If he's tired, what he does. You have to know him better than he knows you, that's the biggest goal."

From an offensive standpoint, guard Justin Boren said he's watching video of Wisconsin's blitz packages, which can be confusing.

"They send some crazy blitzes," Boren said. "They'll put one or two guys down, then they'll have three or four guys standing up and they'll just be going all over the place."

After the pregame work, though, a key element in line play is adjusting to what an opponent is doing during the game.

"You can kind of feel a guy out," Ohio State defensive tackle Dexter Larimore said. "Is he leaning on me? Is he setting back on his pass sets? Is he trying to get me skating on the zone blocks? Stuff like that."

Williams called it "a game of chess," and said he'll try a move, see how his opponent reacts and go from there.

Like chess, line play might seem boring to the casual fan. But fans need to know that these hard-to-watch individual contests of speed, strength and precision will determine who wins tonight.

"Before the play starts, you challenge yourself to beat (your opponent) every single play," Williams said. "It's just going to be a challenge to every single one of us to beat the guy in front of us, and if we do that, good things will happen."

kgordon@dispatch.com