I was ran off the freeway tonight, any witnesses out there?

Prodeje79

10/16/10 6:18pm

Just driving home from my dad's house in Hilliard to Grove City.

Newer (2005?) Dark grey/silver F150, plate# DM56MP

White male

I am on 270 southbound (westside columbus). I am in the leftist lane.

F150 was tailgating me as I was passing semi truck going over Broad St overpass.

Before I could complete my lane change to the middle lane after overtaking the semi, the F150 swerved and proceeded to pass me on the right. I could tell he was swerving as he was beside me, and I saw he was moving into my lane. I was forced off the road into the burm/grass/gravel. I had to heavy brake. The left side of his truck struck/dented/scraped my passenger side fender.

He proceeded to continue and did not pull over. I continued to approach him to get his license plate number, but I did not feel safe following him as I had my wife and child in the car. I immediately contacted the police to report the dangerous driver.

After many calls between Columbus Police and Franklin County Sheriff, we determined it was Franklin County Sheriff. On Monday I will go to the Sheriffs office on Frebis near Alum Creek to work with the Accident investigation group.

I received word that the Grove City Police visited him and noted the damage to his truck. He apparently denied it and said that was damage he had for awhile or something.

I'd like to go get pictures myself before he has time to conceal it. I do not feel comfortable at this point. If anyone lives near him, please take pics:

Todd Ruble

2354 Suffolk Ln

Grove City, oh

It appears we have multiple reports of this guy, and it appears we will have other witnesses besides my wife.

I am very thankful as this could have been much worse.

If anyone happened to see this or knows someone that saw it, please PM me.

Any other advise greatly appreciated too.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Wow man, glad to hear you and your family is safe. It could have been a lot worse.

I can't stand people that are so impatient when it comes to getting out of there way. I'm not a slow driver at all usually 75-80 on the highway and people still try and do this to me all the time.

Todd Ruble

2354 Suffolk Ln

Grove City, oh

Glad you're okay man. WTF is with the PoPo though ? Don't they have enough there to perhaps site him for the incident ? Assult ? I don't know, but it just seems pretty shitty that they just paid him a visit for what he did that could have easily cause an accident and injury.

I think he meant it's the FCS Dept case vs CPD not that it was a Sheriff.

That's how I read it too.

I am suprised he didn't get cited for hit and run.

Glad everybody is ok. I hope he gets pinned to the wall for this. Maybe he will think before he acts next time.

Cops will protect the other cop. Nothing will happen (this is my prediction, hopefully I'm wrong)

Don't we all.

How the fuck can we expect these guys to "Protect" us or whatever when they do hit and runs? Was the guy swurving at all or drunk? What the hell is wrong with people, especially a sheriff. Crazy

Don't we all.

How the fuck can we expect these guys to "Protect" us or whatever when they do hit and runs? Was the guy swurving at all or drunk? What the hell is wrong with people, especially a sheriff. Crazy

are you an idiot? (serious question)...did you read anything, or just start posting?

the OP was talking about the dispatcher trying to decide who would have to respond to the report...FCS or CPD...not that the guy worked for either of them. yet, had you read any other posts, you would know this.

Cops will protect the other cop. Nothing will happen (this is my prediction, hopefully I'm wrong)

Don't we all.

I think you guys are reading it wrong. I believe what he meant was the cops were trying to figure out whos jursdiction it was. And after going back an forth it was the Franklin county sheriff's. Not A franklin county sherif that did it

People in central Ohio are fucking insane while driving. Doesn't surprise me in the least, Friday I had someone in an F150 try the same shit, only without actually hitting me or running me off the road.

I'm going out to finish up my mobile spike strip deployment unit for our minivan. :bangbang:

Fuck, you have his name and addy, I say pay him a visit with your lawn care suite on.

http://everything2.com/title/Urushiol+spray

I'm going out to finish up my mobile spike strip deployment unit for our minivan. :bangbang:

Fuck, you have his name and addy, I say pay him a visit with your lawn care suite on.

http://everything2.com/title/Urushiol+spray

Only problem is he lives in an Apartment complex and wouldn't be doing any yard work. I guess you could spray his door handles.

I just googled his street address and it pulled up the Suffolk Apartmant complex. you can then click on the street view. would be really funny if you could see his truck in the street view picture.

If the back window of his truck has an armed forces sticker (army or navy I forget) then he tried to force me to rear end him. One day going to work on 270 a truck fit that description and heavy braked when I came up behind him in the fast lane. I tried to get in the right lane and he got over and braked again heavy. I tried passing in another lane and he followed. Most of the time he was riding in the middle of the lane. If I wasn't late to work I was going to follow him and shove my knife into all 4 of his tires after he parked. FUCKING ASSHOLE people like this need flat tires.

Sadly I believe that law enforcement will not do shit. You have his address. Go to said address and follow these instructions carefully. Hold a rag in your right hand. Take your left hand and open the fuel door. Remove fuel cap with said left hand. Take the rag in your right hand and stuff half of it in to the filler neck. Then take a lighter and light said rag. Now this next step is key..... Run like hell.