so sick of my bike

cpeezygsxr600

ok i know it is under warrenty but i called the dealers and they said because i have a power commander and a after maket exhaust the warranty is voided

They cannot do that. Those items do not promote the STVA to go bad. It's Ohio law that states that there needs to be proof that bolt on items cause failures to OEM parts. They need to prove that.

Take it somehwere else. Again, PM me and I can get you hooked up with a dealer that has done this. It is something that most dealers have no idea even exists and they will most likely need to call Suzuki.

Again, have them ask about the STVA going bad and that it should be covered under Suzuki's Emission Warranty which is 5 years and unlimited miles. Saying that lets the dealer know you are educated and will let Suzuki know what's up as the info is spot on.

i can almost guarantee you the porblem is with the pc. those codes are for the primaries. i would check to make sure the pc is hooked up to the proper injectors and if theyre snug (i think the lowers are your primaries). if they are then try and run the stock map and see if that makes a difference

It's not the PC... His code pointed 100% to the STVA.

Easy way to check is simple.

1) pull the tank and the air box.

2) turn on the ignition and watch the top butterfly valves on the throttle body assembly.

The STVA if working properly will have the valves cycle. I think it goes closed and then open again. It cycles to allow the system to know it is working essentially. If they do not cycle or you can hear the gear clicking and nothing is moving, the STVA is shot and needs relaced.

You cannot order just the STVA, either. You need to buy the whole bank...

Take it to HNW and tell them EXACTLY what I told you to say. You can leave the exhaust on and the PC. There's nothing that prevents that STVA from working as it should.

I also have a contact of a guy that SUPPOSEDLY can fix the STVA for $50. BUT, the spending of money is not needed.

Get it to the dealer. I'd get the tank and airbox off and take it down there. You can cycle it and show it is not working. I took my assembly off and handed it to the dealer and they warrantied it easily. Again, you'll get a whole new assembly.

Also undserstand that sometimes it will work and sometimes it will not. At first, it will be intermitent and when it finally goes, it will not work at all...

You can remove the butterflies as there are a top set and a bottom set. The top set is for only for starting the bike and at low speed and at small throttle input. It will make the bike start hard and in corners where you are at neautral throttle and rolling into the power, it can make it slightly harsh in transition. I doubt you'd ever feel it on the street, but at the track it can suck a little...

There are two screws on each butterfly (Again, it is the top ones - the bottom butterflies are pulled with the throttle cable...). You can remove the butterflies and leave the STVA on and it will work fine. Some guys remove the butterflies and the STVA and ride it.

Now, your FI light will be on as it is now and will never go out and will throw the code every time. Doesn't hurt a thing.

But, again... it's a warranty part and 2009 is not over yet. They have to cover it until end of 2009...

so i just thought i would vent to you guys about how much i hate my bike right now

i got it in september and ever since it has been an endless money pit and once one thing gets fixed another and bigger problem seems to come up .... i am so sick so if ne one wants my bike they can have it for 4K

I totally empathize with you! My first bike was an old '82 Yami Vision that I felt EXACTLY the same way about. Every time I fixed something on it......Something else would go wrong. I spent more time wrenchin' on that damn bike than I did ridin' it

Hence why I bought my Honda next.....Been ridin' ever since!! ;)

Just to be a dick here, but this is your Craigslist ad -

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1063675358.html

05 GSXR 600 - $4000 (polaris)

Reply to: sale-rytn4-1063675358@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Date: 2009-03-06, 7:20PM EST

its a 05 gsxr 600 with a salvage tittle the bike has 9k miles on it ... runs great ... new tires on it and a new paint job .... new windscreen ... new rear brake assembly feel free to call if you have any more questions 614 352 7682 and my name is christian

And the part that says runs great, I think it is a bit misleading here. Hence your two posts below. Now if you fixed the problems, great, but otherwise, (Insert Borat voice over) not so muuuuch.

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=21281

and

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=22434

I didn't read the whole thread but couldn't you just remove the PCIII? The exhaust cannot void your warranty on the intake components. You are protected by federal law on that one.

Again, the PCIII will not damage the STVA, either. It can't. It's a gear driven assembly and the gears take a shit or the connections internally in the assmebly break from vibration. Hence why it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't...

Just to be a dick here, but this is your Craigslist ad -

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1063675358.html

05 GSXR 600 - $4000 (polaris)

Reply to: sale-rytn4-1063675358@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Date: 2009-03-06, 7:20PM EST

its a 05 gsxr 600 with a salvage tittle the bike has 9k miles on it ... runs great ... new tires on it and a new paint job .... new windscreen ... new rear brake assembly feel free to call if you have any more questions 614 352 7682 and my name is christian

And the part that says runs great, I think it is a bit misleading here. Hence your two posts below. Now if you fixed the problems, great, but otherwise, (Insert Borat voice over) not so muuuuch.

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=21281

and

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=22434

Actually, with the STVA bad, it will still start and idle and rev fine. It's when under load and at higher RPMs and speed that it will act up. The bike can run great and you can actually unplug the STVA with the valves open 100% and it will run almost perfect to the point you'd never know unless you see the FI light on...

I'd say with my experience, it's fine and probably a good running machine. I also think if he had this pop up since the ad was placed, it is an easy fix and can be something that doesn't hinder the way it runs once fixed.

Afterall, he was willing to sell it stupid cheap. I could have swooped in and offered him $3000 and got it fixed for free and sold it for a profit. THAT's being dishonest and misleading...

The other thread? Not sure what's up there, but it is salvage and could have some issues when it was put back together. Loose wires, etc...