M3 vs RS5

CRed05

I think the truth is S4's break everything with enough power through them, but that's true of almost everything.

My S4 only had slight wheel hop and was good for at least mid 11's. As much as that pig weighed and the springs it had on it, I think that cut the majority of it out. I launched that bitch hard as hell only a few times to compare the Quattro fail to the Symertical AWD of Subaru. I could only imagine how utterly uncontrolable that car would have been if it weighed half a ton less than its factory curb weight.

I think the worst wheel hop cars I have driven have been FWD DSMs, 300zx's and my Sentra. I don't ever really recall too much wheel hop out of AWD cars I have driven.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I agree, the Audi looks sexy as hell, and is nicer inside, but if I was going to buy a performance 2 door, right now the 2011 Moostang would be it. For the very least, I could afford it. Just opinion.

Who in the hell is cross shopping a Mustang GT with a new M3 or RS5?

Just because they may have similar performance numbers doesn't mean anyone is going to cross shop between the two. Most folks that can afford the Mustang can't afford the Audi and BMW.

Just because a C6 coupe can run with a Ferrari California doesn't mean anyone is cross shopping the two!

Just because they may have similar performance numbers doesn't mean anyone is going to cross shop between the two. Most folks that can afford the Mustang can't afford the Audi and BMW.

Just because a C6 coupe can run with a Ferrari California doesn't mean anyone is cross shopping the two!

I would if I was just buying a performance 2 door to have fun in. I'd save the cash and make it a track car for mid-ohio. I watched those things go around that track during ALMS weekend, and they looked fun to drive on a track and a pretty cheap way to do it. Isn't that what they are doing with them in the video?

+1,000,000

Dear, MAG, I need to trade in my Aston Martin, as I heard that a Turbo Civic can be just as fast.

I wouldn't call a factory blown Moostang with a warranty a "turbo Civic". Sorry I respect what Ford has done with that car. I guess you don't. I'm not a Euro brat.

I guess Joe is a "Euro Brat" as well then.

That or he understands the vast difference between the 2 perspective buyers.

Not that it matters, as you have about as much chance of owning 2011 gt with factory blower package as you buying an Android phone. :p

I would if I was just buying a performance 2 door to have fun in. I'd save the cash and make it a track car for mid-ohio. I watched those things go around that track during ALMS weekend, and they looked fun to drive on a track and a pretty cheap way to do it. Isn't that what they are doing with them in the video?

So you are saying to cross shop 70k cars with high 30k cars? Is that right? If you want a track-only car:

- Brand new car is a retarded choice

- Better options out there for a track-only car than a Mustang both new and used

Do you really think you would be cross shopping these cars? No, you'd be looking at other performance oriented cars in a similar price range. If the M3/RS5 were in the same price range, then I could see you cross shopping (and you would also be a fucking idiot if you picked the Mustang as the same price point). They aren't comparable. Sit in each and you will understand why.

You must drive a unicorn then because I've driven S4's, M3's, M5's, CTSV, Vette's, Cobra's, Honda's, etc...and they ALL have done it stock and modded.

The S4's break the OEM diff carrier/crossmember and it's very common so maybe you aren't launching that hard...

You can launch it easy and eliminate a lot but you can still get it if you aren't careful...

S4's can break oem diff carriers when you launch the shit out of them, I am very aware of this. I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about when just driving aggressively on the street. But the difference is that an M3, RS5, S4 aren't drag racing cars, where the mustang is built so that Bobby Joe can leave high school football practice, take his date to makeout point, and beat 600hp 12sec Supra's the next day at the strip.

I do like the new Mustangs, Ford is really getting their shit together but it's not a German sport sedan.

S4's can break oem diff carriers when you launch the shit out of them, I am very aware of this. I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about when just driving aggressively on the street. But the difference is that an M3, RS5, S4 aren't drag racing cars, where the mustang is built so that Bobby Joe can leave high school football practice, take his date to makeout point, and beat 600hp 12sec Supra's the next day at the strip.

I do like the new Mustangs, Ford is really getting their shit together but it's not a German sport sedan.

Where did I saw it was? I simply stated that they ALL have wheel hop, drag car or not...

Where did I saw it was? I simply stated that they ALL have wheel hop, drag car or not...

Nowhere. I'm just saying that when I buy a car brand new, and I step on it a bit I don't want it bouncing all over the place, which is what I've heard the mustang does, and I know the M3 and RS5 does not. Even launching the piss out of the M3 and RS5 I don't think they will do anything like that.

If someone thinks a Mustang is better car than an M3 or RS5 then they are just plain stupid. They aren't even built for the same purpose.

Nowhere. I'm just saying that when I buy a car brand new, and I step on it a bit I don't want it bouncing all over the place, which is what I've heard the mustang does, and I know the M3 and RS5 does not. Even launching the piss out of the M3 and RS5 I don't think they will do anything like that.

If someone thinks a Mustang is better car than an M3 or RS5 then they are just plain stupid. They aren't even built for the same purpose.

I beg to differ... B8 RS4 was in the dealer two weeks ago with a blown up clutch and glazed to hell and back flywheel. Due to him launching the hell out of his car. $5000 ish whoopsie

I beg to differ... B8 RS4 was in the dealer two weeks ago with a blown up clutch and glazed to hell and back flywheel. Due to him launching the hell out of his car. $5000 ish whoopsie

WTF is a B8 RS4 and how does that relate to wheelhop?

Go drive one, it's not as bad as you think (same with the M3 and RS5)..

I don't think anyone said it's a better car, just the bang-4-buck category keeps it at the top of the list for cheap fun...

Go drive one, it's not as bad as you think (same with the M3 and RS5)..

I don't think anyone said it's a better car, just the bang-4-buck category keeps it at the top of the list for cheap fun...

I agree. Although the broken driveshaft thread isn't helping it :lol:

I agree. Although the broken driveshaft thread isn't helping it :lol:

On a modded car, launching with a track prepped with VHT on Drag Radials, um no, I don't call that a failure on ford. Put 4 slicks on your S4 and launch it at a high RPM and see what breaks. I have heard of several of my car breaking shafts this way.

WTF is a B8 RS4 and how does that relate to wheelhop?

7 is next to 8. I pressed 8 instead of 7. I wasn't saying anything about wheel hop. I was saying that launching the piss out of an rs4 doesn't get wheelhop. It gets clutch assplosion.

7 is next to 8. I pressed 8 instead of 7. I wasn't saying anything about wheel hop. I was saying that launching the piss out of an rs4 doesn't get wheelhop. It gets clutch assplosion.

Oh yeah, true story. I have an RS4 clutch in mine and I'm afraid of launching it due to fear of assplosion.

I like how they declare that the cars finish right on top of each other, and then summarize that that Audi is definitely a hair quicker LOL. Not that any silly internet test should decided a "winner," but they should have then let the M3 lead, let it run faster on the parts where it was stuffing the Audi's bumper, and see if the Audi could in turn end on the Bimmer's bumper. That would have been better for their credibility....

Both my kind of cars though, I hadn't seen there was an RS5 available yet :)

For once, I agree with Joe. 100%

Ditto.

This is the age old "I'm just pissed I can't afford something other than a <fill in blank with any cheap fast car>" thread.

I can't afford a new M3 or RS5 either, doesn't mean I'm pissy about driving my Montero Sport :p Suck it up, the cars are far bad asser than a Mustang. Deal with it bitches! :)