M3 vs RS5

CRed05

Hell I could opt for the supercharger and keep my warranty and and still save $$, most likely beat both of those cars.

But could it do it in snow?

http://www.carpages.co.uk/audi/audi_images/audi_a6_14_03_05.jpg

I agree, the Audi looks sexy as hell, and is nicer inside, but if I was going to buy a performance 2 door, right now the 2011 Moostang would be it. For the very least, I could afford it. Just opinion.

Truth. I'm sweating the Boss 302 Laguna Seca like no ones business.

But could it do it in snow?

http://www.carpages.co.uk/audi/audi_images/audi_a6_14_03_05.jpg

I wouldn't worry about the .01% of the time I would need it to. Instead I'd focus on all the times a blown 2011 5.0 would make my Mr. Happy stand up.

I wouldn't worry about the .01% of the time I would need it to. Instead I'd focus on all the times a blown 2011 5.0 would make my Mr. Happy stand up.

prob not here...when i go out to pittsburgh though, i seriously wonder how the F my buddy and his friends/family/etc get around when there is ANY snow on the ground without either studded snow tires or AWD with snow tires.

for shits and giggles, i turned on my "mapmyride" app on my phone as we were leaving his house last time i was out there...he actually lives on highland (can see it on the map), but it started picking up once we were down the hill a bit. once we got down to 5th, it was fairly level. the majority of that decline was leaving his neighborhood. looking on googles elevation profile, its 289 feet decline...over what, maybe 3/4 mile? screw driving in that.

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/pa/mckeesport/498128248983017492

Most IRS cars get it when you add power with shitty surface/traction. The M3's do it and so do Audi's.... :rolleyes:

O rly? That's weird because these are bone stock Mustangs that do it, and my S4 has never done it on every surface imaginable with a lot more than stock power. The M3's and M5's I've driven havent done it either. Only car that I've driven that had wheel hop was a fwd dsm.

O rly? That's weird because these are bone stock Mustangs that do it, and my S4 has never done it on every surface imaginable with a lot more than stock power. The M3's and M5's I've driven havent done it either. Only car that I've driven that had wheel hop was a fwd dsm.

You must drive a unicorn then because I've driven S4's, M3's, M5's, CTSV, Vette's, Cobra's, Honda's, etc...and they ALL have done it stock and modded.

The S4's break the OEM diff carrier/crossmember and it's very common so maybe you aren't launching that hard...

You can launch it easy and eliminate a lot but you can still get it if you aren't careful...

You must drive a unicorn then because I've driven S4's, M3's, M5's, CTSV, Vette's, Cobra's, Honda's, etc...and they ALL have done it stock and modded.

The S4's break the OEM diff carrier/crossmember and it's very common so maybe you aren't launching that hard...

You can launch it easy and eliminate a lot but you can still get it if you aren't careful...

His secret is using cheesedick tires that don't grab worth a shit.

No grip = no hop just useless spin.

I think the truth is S4's break everything with enough power through them, but that's true of almost everything.

My S4 only had slight wheel hop and was good for at least mid 11's. As much as that pig weighed and the springs it had on it, I think that cut the majority of it out. I launched that bitch hard as hell only a few times to compare the Quattro fail to the Symertical AWD of Subaru. I could only imagine how utterly uncontrolable that car would have been if it weighed half a ton less than its factory curb weight.

I think the worst wheel hop cars I have driven have been FWD DSMs, 300zx's and my Sentra. I don't ever really recall too much wheel hop out of AWD cars I have driven.