Death Penalty Served to Steven Hayes

Patterson

Yea no shit. Its ridiculous. Waste of govt money. That state is all liberals. No wonder they cant push these people into the execution room.

If the state was all liberals, then they wouldn't have the death penalty.

I get the gist of what you're saying, though. I would think if anyone deserved the death penalty, this guy does. And his co-defendant too.

They say it cost more to do an execution then it does to keep them in jail, just had this discussion the other night in class.

Any facts to back this up? Not trying to call you out, I just find it hard to believe. Prison is damn expensive, and I can't imagine that anything past 5 years in jail would be cheaper than executing someone.

Any facts to back this up? Not trying to call you out' date=' I just find it hard to believe. Prison is damn expensive, and I can't imagine that anything past 5 years in jail would be cheaper than executing someone.[/quote']

I felt the way you did. So I looked up some info.

The drugs themselves are cheap I think I found 86$ is what the drugs cost. It is the cost of the system in place that costs a huge amount.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/death-penalty/death-penalty-facts/death-penalty-cost/page.do?id=1101084

http://www.deathpenalty.org/article.php?id=42

Yeah, I've always heard it costs way more to kill them too. It's the legal / procedural side. Should only cost about a dollar for a cartridge, but such is not the case. Unless you catch them in the act and live in Texas, then you can save your dollar and gut them yourselves with your skinning knife... even better.

Yeah, I've always heard it costs way more to kill them too. It's the legal / procedural side. Should only cost about a dollar for a cartridge, but such is not the case. Unless you catch them in the act and live in Texas, then you can save your dollar and gut them yourselves with your skinning knife... even better.

Ideally a cartridge would only be a couple cents, but that's not been the case for a couple years now.

The appeals process for a capital punishment case is where all the money goes.