06-08 Acura RL or Lexus GS350/400

hpfiend

Hey all-

Looking for your opinion and rationale. For a family sedan/daily for my wife.

She isn't crazy about them but she would also consider the previous generation of the GS to save money. The I/IS is too small, the ES is too camry like, and the LS is too expensive.

On the Acuras the TL and TSX are too small but we did love our RSX-S so we are definitely Honda people.

Thanks,

Andrew

Both are Nice cars, I would go with either or. Lexus Looks better IMO. But the RL is AWD.

So is the GS.

Cousin just bought an 07 GS. Buddy has an RL. I'd take the GS anyday. Plus Lexus service > *. I envy their service more than I do their vehicles. The car is sick though. Gets my vote hands down.

Just my preference though.

I would go with the RL, but I am biased toward Hondas. Why do you say the TL/TSX are too small? My wife has an 08 TSX and we have had 4 adults in it very comfortably (2 of us are over 6' tall) on multiple occasions. I ask this because I can't imagine a TL being too small for a normal size family.

Interestingly consumer reports auto edition rates the 06-08 GS350 AWD as much worse than average in reliability. The 06-08 RL is just average. The GS350 RWD is better than average?

We do not want a manual transmission in this car which rules out the newer legacy GTs and the old ones are tough to find in auto as well- we drove a subaru 3.6R which is only 10 hp less than the GT and it was alright, nothing exciting- thanks for your recommendation though.

Interestingly consumer reports auto edition rates the 06-08 GS350 AWD as much worse than average in reliability. The 06-08 RL is just average. The GS350 RWD is better than average?

The GS 350's had faulty air pressure monitors. That is the only problem my dad has had in his since buying it in 2007. The dealer told him when he got his replaced that they see about 3 per week on pressure monitor problems. It;s really no issue if you don't mind the light being on

That's funny you should say that El Karacho...

We drove an 08 GS350 AWD last night- it seemed about perfect in every way but didn't excite myself nor my wife-it was a little too muted and it cost more... the RL begs to be driven hard the GS made me want to take a nap... I bet the GS had the same power or more, the handling seemed close with the edge to the RL, but the feel wasn't there- hard to explain... I felt the same way about our RSX-S it felt like it would handle like my z06 and I know it couldn't- maybe that's what they call confidence inspring?... dunno