Four Loko removing caffeine from drinks

Flyin Miata

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the outrage over this product is the reason this country is going down the shitter; all our decisions are being made due to outcry from the fringe of people who are outraged at everything (raising taxes, lowering taxes, government allowing blackout in a can, government banning blackout in a can, etc) instead of facts. the FDA has yet to provide a single fact proving that caffeine and alcohol are, in controlled experiments, dangerous together.

they're citing these "studies" that show that people who drink four loko are more likely to black out. which is true. because people who drink four loko are binge drinkers, not casual drinkers. its like saying that because most people who drink four loko are right handed that left-handed people are less prone to become alcoholics.

I care, because of why they're changing it.

I don't drink the shit, but pressure to control what people have access to is bullshit.

Yea, I agree with this (and I make the same argument with marijuana). I never thought this would happen, but I'm seriously considering voting republican if this kind of shit continues.

I am completely against this as well. 4loko tastes like shit but if I don't agree with the caffeine and alcohol mix then I don't HAVE to buy it. The government needs to stop taking away my right to choose. I am all for the government telling me that it might be dangerous but to pull it from shelves because college kids are drinking too much and passing out is totally ludicrous.

the outrage over this product is the reason this country is going down the shitter; all our decisions are being made due to outcry from the fringe of people who are outraged at everything (raising taxes, lowering taxes, government allowing blackout in a can, government banning blackout in a can, etc) instead of facts. the FDA has yet to provide a single fact proving that caffeine and alcohol are, in controlled experiments, dangerous together.

they're citing these "studies" that show that people who drink four loko are more likely to black out. which is true. because people who drink four loko are binge drinkers, not casual drinkers. its like saying that because most people who drink four loko are right handed that left-handed people are less prone to become alcoholics.

Majority rules.