Wow... I hope those cops get arrested.

Casper

F'ing cops. You know if you get mugged, hose gets boken into, car/bike gets stolen they wont do a f'ing thing.... you know why? because they are to busy keeping the real criminals off the streets the likes of the skateboarders & BMX'ers, oh yes, good works cops I will feel at ease while I sleep tonight now knowing that you stopped a teenager from skating around a bit. I'm glad my tax paying money is being put to good use. F'ING COPS :mad:

No offence intended for any cops that might read this who catch "real" criminals.

If this angers you, then you’re a normal, red-blooded human being.

Oh and just in case you were interested, the officer’s name is Joey Williams, and he works for the:

Hot Springs Arkansas Police Department

Phone: (501) 321-6789

Fax: (501) 321-6708

Chief of Police, Bobby Southard

Email: bsouthard@cityhs.net

641 Malvern Avenue,

Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901

You know, just in case you were wondering.

i just think this is some important info that needs to be reposted.

i used to skate everyday when i was younger. i would have been PISSED if this would have happened to me. that cop was a fucking dick to those guys and he almost choked out that girl. that was a good video for court. sucks that they cought that guy running though. he'll be fucked with the fleeing charge

GO COPS!111eleven. Seriously, I think he was looking out for their futures by giving up his job for their college tuitions and then some. What a sweet guy.

This will go to court and there will definitely be money in the bank. Just like the PA kid who got choked while he was cuffed in the back of a cop car. But, these are young kids. Invest wisely children.

Hoooooly shit. I cant stop watching that. That is so way beyond fucked up. I like how the one kid says somthing like " we are just skatboarding. There are people out on the streets doing drugs and hurting people and you are worried about a few kids riding peices of wood down the street." So true. haha

GO COPS!111eleven. Seriously, I think he was looking out for their futures by giving up his job for their college tuitions and then some. What a sweet guy.

This will go to court and there will definitely be money in the bank. Just like the PA kid who got choked while he was cuffed in the back of a cop car. But, these are young kids. Invest wisely children.

Yeah, these kids will get a decent settlement. Plus the cop will probably be working security at Target soon.

Unfortunately there's no video before the picture of him with his hand on her neck. If the kid caught attitude and started getting mouthy and resisting...all those kids are screwed video or not. All those kids are coming up on the officer while he's arresting another...that was their mistake.

Listen to the video in the beginning. The cop is calm and basically telling the kid whats up and the kid isn't denying it. Sounds like the cop was calling them to stop and talk to them and maybe even just going to tell them to take a hike and not to be riding their boards there. Then it sounds like the one kid told the rest to ignore him and keep going...stupid from the get go. Sounds like the kid was a moron and got what he deserved.

Cops don't make laws, they enforce them. Sure there are dicks that take it overboard, but I don't see it in this case.

I agree they shouldn't have ran, but they're 13 year old kids. No reason to choke a 13 year old... especially a girl.

That kid in the beginning isn't being choked. He's being held at the neck, yes there is a difference. Oh and it's a boy...named Jarad. The kid standing spouting off says "he" over and over.

The kids that try to run are lucky they didn't get picked up and thrown to the ground quickly and cuffed while they took care of the others.

Being 13 doesn't excuse you from the law or stopping when an officer yells at you. Being 13 and not listening to the cop when he wants to talk probably means you need to learn a lesson, because your parents are apparently doing a pretty shitty job raising you.

That kid in the beginning isn't being choked. He's being held at the neck, yes there is a difference. Oh and it's a boy...named Jarad. The kid standing spouting off says "he" over and over.

The kids that try to run are lucky they didn't get picked up and thrown to the ground quickly and cuffed while they took care of the others.

Being 13 doesn't excuse you from the law or stopping when an officer yells at you. Being 13 and not listening to the cop when he wants to talk probably means you need to learn a lesson, because your parents are apparently doing a pretty shitty job raising you.

+1 Fuck a punk. If they want to act like one, treat them like one. Punks come in all ages and forms. They wander why kids are so bad nowadays, is because punishment isn't a term used anymore. I got the shit beat out of me with the belt when I was a kid when I did wrong. Nowadays it's just a verbal thrashing...booo hooo. Kids should be afraid to talk back to adults.

Okay, okay, okay... The first time I saw the video, I didn't have the sound up. Its much different with the sound.

I agree 100% with the officer. Yes, he's overboard a bit. BUT he's 100% right. People want to criticize the police for being too harsh on these kids but then bitch when those same 13 year olds commit crimes.

The kids were not obeying the law. YES, in lots of places it is illegal to ride a skateboard on the sidewalk. "Why" you ask, because skateboarders on sidewalks are dangers to old people walking on them, young kids, and kids in strollers.

The officer was trying to issue them citations for that. THEY took it to the next level by a) refusing to comply (another criminal offense), b) obstruction of official business (another criminal offense) c) resisting arrest (another criminal offense). The officer did not get physical until those kids tried to run and be obstructionists.

Yes it seems petty but a lot of serious crime can be avoided by enforcing the petty crimes. There ARE officers who overstep their bounds... He is not one of them.

• 2 years later...

been many of times i have been harassed like this these fucks should pay for being over zealous ass holes to kids, and should be working security at chuck-e-cheeses. or why not guard a day care, bet you'd have thought twice if you knew you were on camera and YES they were doing nothing wrong. kids being kids having a sport or a good time. nothing more nothing less. I think that will give them a new oulook on law enforcement in the future. Maybe next time they will be on a super bike and running 147 HAHAHAHAHA. F$(*^@#ers!!!!! if they were on rollerskates is THAT a CRIME!??????

Okay, okay, okay... The first time I saw the video, I didn't have the sound up. Its much different with the sound.

I agree 100% with the officer. Yes, he's overboard a bit. BUT he's 100% right. People want to criticize the police for being too harsh on these kids but then bitch when those same 13 year olds commit crimes.

The kids were not obeying the law. YES, in lots of places it is illegal to ride a skateboard on the sidewalk. "Why" you ask, because skateboarders on sidewalks are dangers to old people walking on them, young kids, and kids in strollers.

The officer was trying to issue them citations for that. THEY took it to the next level by a) refusing to comply (another criminal offense), b) obstruction of official business (another criminal offense) c) resisting arrest (another criminal offense). The officer did not get physical until those kids tried to run and be obstructionists.

Yes it seems petty but a lot of serious crime can be avoided by enforcing the petty crimes. There ARE officers who overstep their bounds... He is not one of them.

Agreed. But the officer is a fucking dick. He was in the right, but obviously has some issues.

Punks actually tried to ignore the cop and run away...not sure about the guy with the cam...I didn't watch all of it..anyways, stay off the sidewalks with the skateboard bitches!

I had to watch it twice. the cop may have had cause with the first kid, its unknown because it happened before the film started. The kid he chased was bullshit, he was pissed cause the kid took a picture of him choking the boy and he wanted it back to protect himself. ( he knew it was abuse) His fat a$$ couldnt catch the kid now he's really pissed when he comes back. he had no reason to even speak to the little girl or the 2 other boys, they were just standing there worried about their friend. He was so abusive when he called the little girl out, he scared her to death..... trying to headlock them both.... more abuse. the boy with the camera.... again, no reason to touch him.

Had the cop been a real man and not an insecure egomaniac on a power trip, I'm sure he could have talked to the kids, explained why they should or shouldnt do things like skateboarding on sidewalks in a manor that would have had the kids leaving with respect for the reasonable encounter they just had..... instead those kids will never respect any officer..... never!!!

Another example of cops on a power trip..... and over kids no less..... its like their mental developement stopped in the 6th grade...... all I can think is WTH........ why would you hire someone like that.....lol

I agree they shouldn't have ran, but they're 13 year old kids. No reason to choke a 13 year old... especially a girl.

13 year old girl... 85 year old alzhiemers patient... they dont CARE. There is NO compassion in blue. Zero.

..and I don't care if this thread is as old as America LOL it's still true!