I'm losing it

wnaplay1647545503

Week one of my 2 month stint being stuck in bed is over with. I am bored out of my ever loving mind. I have seen alot of the same tv shows twice now. I get about 20mins worth of sleep at a time. It certainly wasnt this difficult the first time. I was able to go to my parents for thanksgiving but I couldnt stay very long due to the pain. Looking back I would not have done it again.

I planned to play the new black ops game for the most part but was so disappointed in the game I stopped playing it just after buying. Mw2 was the only other game I played and I have lost interest in it as well. I am definately not a reader. I am not the kind of person that should be left with my own thoughts either lol.

you able to get out and play some cards? i know getting out might be difficult, but you'd be pretty stationary while playing...i just started playing poker with some of my brothers friends on wednesday nights and on the 4th, my buddy is gonna have a big "between the sheets" (also called acey deucy) thing at his place sorta on your side of town...over by independence HS.

Those two games that I suggested are good for completely immersing yourself into. The first time I played through F3 I had 140+ hours into the game, then I started over as an evil character. I'm playing F:NV right now and probably have close to 60 hours in it, and I've been to maybe half of the locations. F3 game of the year edition comes with 5 add on packs that aren't included in the regular game so its worth getting, and now that the new game is out its cheap. It is by far my favorite game out there. New Vegas is extremely good too, but hasn't sucked me in quite like 3 did.

You can borrow Medal of Honor if you havent already played it yet.

My Dad had elbow surgery last year and it made him very miserable for a few months but the pain went away and he went back to playing golf but now the pain is coming back. He says it may of not been worth it to have the surgery if this pain is going to keep coming back.

The last few days have been alittle overwhelming. Even through the first 2 surgeries I never had a solid cast that wasnt removable. I am feeling claustrophobic about the thing and I really want it off. Last night I was close to taking a saw and just taking it off myself. I dont know if anyone else has went through this feeling with a cast but the next month is going to be hard.

Sounds to me, like it might be time to find a new hobby that doesnt require alot of movement.. Video games are just gonna bore the ever loving piss out of you, it sounds like.

I know reading sounds boring, but maybe you havent found the right books? Or maybe making model cars? The two months will be torture, but only if you let them. netflix on the Xbox is awesome. and for the 8 bucks for streaming only, its a hecka deal.

what are your other current hobbies when you are not immoble, that maybe you can do a spin off of, into smaller hobbies

Sounds to me, like it might be time to find a new hobby that doesnt require alot of movement.. Video games are just gonna bore the ever loving piss out of you, it sounds like.

I know reading sounds boring, but maybe you havent found the right books? Or maybe making model cars? The two months will be torture, but only if you let them. netflix on the Xbox is awesome. and for the 8 bucks for streaming only, its a hecka deal.

what are your other current hobbies when you are not immoble, that maybe you can do a spin off of, into smaller hobbies

I am very active. I do sports with the kids, work around the house on various projects. If you ask around you will find that I have been known to work on peoples houses for free to keep myself busy. I actually just cancelled my netflix because I never once watched anything on it. So far I have been sleeping alot but its really starting to wear on me.

I am very active. I do sports with the kids, work around the house on various projects. If you ask around you will find that I have been known to work on peoples houses for free to keep myself busy. I actually just cancelled my netflix because I never once watched anything on it. So far I have been sleeping alot but its really starting to wear on me.

I really think that getting into something like these would be helpful.

They are building someting with your hands, and will keep your brain from extreme boredom.

http://www.ehobbies.com/models.html

Could be fun just to make and put in the Garage or at your desk at home.

or some of those really cool Kinect kits..

http://site.ehobbies.com/googleimages/rmx858883.jpg

What better way to see how an internal combustion engine works than to be able to see all of the parts move! As you turn the crank, each of the parts move, just like the real thing. The Visible V8 Engine features moving pistons and connecting rods. A hand crank operates the pistons, camshaft rocker arms and valves. The kit includes a rubber fan belt and vinyl ignition wires. Also included is a display stand and screwdriver for construction. A superb educational tool on the inner workings and construction of a V-8 engine!

You have kids, you could do fun science projects with them.. (growing crystal candy, making bean plants in plastic cups with them.. )

Playign board games with them. Ask THEM for ideas!?? Kids are great at makign up games on the fly. Read books with your kids.. (they will love the interaction with you)

or if you are REALLY in touch with your manliness, you could take up crost stich, or knitting..

Learn a language on Livemocha.com (i love this site)

Depression is a very common issue with being bed-ridden. You gotta find a way to get past that with projects.