Gran Turismo Gameplay thread.

944s2

This game is grrrrreat. I really don't see why the reviews are the way they are. I just picked up a wheel last night and man what a difference much more consistent and I can now feel the grip. That reminds me last night I was playing online with 944 and we did a few 15-20 lap races and you can really start to feel the tires wear down. I havent had this much fun playing a racing game since Motor City Online. If you have a ps3 and gt5 add me JKmike07

Yeah this was a blast, we definitely need to do this again, the wheel is where it's at too. If you find a deal on the G25 or 27 I would recommended getting it. If your ever down in Dayton shoot me a PM and I would be happy to show you my set up and let you try the G25.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Straight gameplay wise, Forza is better in every way. That said, GT5 is much prettier, but its in no way shape or form 6 years worth of work. If it weren't for the Logitech wheel, it would be just another racing game. They also didn't put the same amount of work into every car in the game, and anywhere else except photo mode the cars just look "ok".

And no, I am not a Forza fanboy, I have had every GT except 4, and I feel like I wasted my money on 5.

Anyone here have the Logitech Drivingforce GT wheel? It looks like a good piece that's somewhere in between the G25 and the G27.

It's right below the G25. The G27 just came out with some improvements over the 25. Really though I am a huge Logitech fan boy though, I have a ton of there products.

Straight gameplay wise, Forza is better in every way. That said, GT5 is much prettier, but its in no way shape or form 6 years worth of work. If it weren't for the Logitech wheel, it would be just another racing game. They also didn't put the same amount of work into every car in the game, and anywhere else except photo mode the cars just look "ok".

And no, I am not a Forza fanboy, I have had every GT except 4, and I feel like I wasted my money on 5.

5 Years, and I guess I must just be too easy going to understand why so many people feel like they "wasted" their money on it. I still maintain there is no way it could ever live up to it's "hype" on the ps3. Maybe the next gen system will have the power to do everything people want it to be, but then they still will find things to complain about.

you see how he parked his car just out side the driving line for the ai in forza to make it look better...

why are these games even being compared.

You can see one of the cars on the forza side brake hard and swerve out of the way to avoid hitting the parked car and another AI.

Not hitting a disabled or crashed car has nothing to do with racing?

okay.

So the AI is programmed to swerve hard to avoid hitting a car in front of it. So what happens if I brake hard in front of a car? Will I see the car behind act in the same way?

Cars never crash into each other when racing either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSk01ez3rs

Anyone here have the Logitech Drivingforce GT wheel? It looks like a good piece that's somewhere in between the G25 and the G27.

I have a DFGT and its a great wheel. Best bang for the buck. I love being able to set all the settings like Traction control and ABS in real time. I dont think a g25 or g27 can adjust the settings like that as easy. Going from a controller to a wheel is night and day.

When I was racing 944 there was a moment he was behind me and my car got super lose exiting a turn and I had to man handle the wheel a bit but I was able to recover. I don't think I could have done that with a controller I think it would have over corrected big time.

I do not regret buying it one tiny bit. Might wanna try GameStop or Mejier. GameStop sells them for 130 and I saw one at Mejier by my house that had one for 119. Retail on them is 149 at places like bestbuy.

The AI in GT5 will undoubtably hit you. It muscles its way through a line you have taken, and I even had it set up a trap to get me to rear-end it once. The AI in GT 5 is the same as it has been since GT 1. It's crap. The game is a disappointment, and Forza 3 is a better all-around game.

The AI can't handle low-traction surfaces either. It's pitiful how slow it is on snow.

However, GT5 is still fun to play for the most part. It's just an arcade racer, not "The Real Driving Simulator" as it is billed to be. As long as you keep that in mind, it's not bad.

I have a DFGT and its a great wheel. Best bang for the buck. I love being able to set all the settings like Traction control and ABS in real time. I dont think a g25 or g27 can adjust the settings like that as easy. Going from a controller to a wheel is night and day.

When I was racing 944 there was a moment he was behind me and my car got super lose exiting a turn and I had to man handle the wheel a bit but I was able to recover. I don't think I could have done that with a controller I think it would have over corrected big time.

I do not regret buying it one tiny bit. Might wanna try GameStop or Mejier. GameStop sells them for 130 and I saw one at Mejier by my house that had one for 119. Retail on them is 149 at places like bestbuy.

Thanks, I'll probably get one then. Amazon has them for $99 right now.

Haha, yup, mine is on the way, free shipping.

Not bashing the DFP Wheel but for $140 more this is a steal.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=g25+wheel&um=1&hl=en&biw=1599&bih=779&ie=UTF-8&cid=10524465644348026000&ei=X2L0TISYKcH_lgfn4qjxBQ&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CEYQ8wIwAA#

But you also have to put a value on how much your gonna use it and how serious you are about racing games. I would love to try a DFP and see how it compares.

My next wheel may be one of these though.....

http://www.fanatec.de/

I JUST got this given to me. The update is installing now after downloading for about an hour, still installing... That's taking about half an hour. I'm excited, I've also got the force feedback steering wheel, but nowhere good to use it in my living room yet.

So what's everyones usernames for PS online? I don't remember mine off the top of my head haha.

I JUST got this given to me. The update is installing now after downloading for about an hour, still installing... That's taking about half an hour. I'm excited, I've also got the force feedback steering wheel, but nowhere good to use it in my living room yet.

So what's everyones usernames for PS online? I don't remember mine off the top of my head haha.

JKmike07

Has anyone had issues with it not saving your progress or cars purchased or mods done to cars? We've had that all happen to us

Not any problems here. No problems at all and I have the original 80 gig ps3. I have seen a bunch of people with the slim ps3s having issues. I'm not sure if there is a relation to the fat vs slim as far as problems.