Towing with a rental?

Shmaa

I'm looking at picking up a car and I would like to tow it back (10hr drive). It looks like I can get a car hauler from u-haul, but they want like 59c a mile for a truck rental. So, does anyone have experience towing with a rental like enterprise? It seems most companies don't allow it. Do they even have receivers on the SUV's and trucks?

Any other options?

There was another thread just like this not to long ago. Do a search. I believe the OP couldnt find anyone that would rent a P/U. I believe his choices were a small boxtruck and trailer from uhaul(I have done this), or there was a enterprise in dayton that rented trucks.

Enterprise does not allow towing with their trucks at most locations. Unless something has changed that is in the rental contract that you can't do it.

I would call the places and check first. I know we had special locks on the recievers of the trucks so people could not tow.

Go to Home Depot and rent their F350 with a dump bed it has a reciever as well. Tell them you want it for a day pick it up early haul ass and bring it back, rental is like $20/day. Or find a dealer that'll do a 24hr test drive....

That would be perfect but they only do hourly rates.

We drove to and towed a supra back from texas with a 2500 cummins from enterprise and a u haul trailer

Did you get this through enterprise commercial? I spoke with them and the rates aren't terrible but they still do a per mile charge.

I'm tempted just to buy a beater suv