4g picking up at my place in reynoldsburg... woot@!

TurboRust

too bad its not true 4g lol, just a marketing scheme

True 4G is still just a term decided by some group of geeks. 4G or not, it's a lot fucking faster than 3G and that's good enough for me and probably 99% of America as well. They can call it GayButtsexG for all I care and I'll still be happy with it.

When I tether on "4G" I get 3-4mbps down and 1mbps up throughput on average. While that may not be "real 4G" (not really even close, nor is LTE for that matter) it is still way better than my usual 3G speeds and overall I am pretty pleased when it's available. Especially since I tether daily.

Verizon or sprint? what we talking here?

Yeah, Verizon is officially launching their LTE 4G on Sunday, which is actual true 4G, and Columbus is one of the cities that will get it first. I bet it still slower than T-Mobile's hspa+ though :lol:

Wimax chipsets are notoriously power hungry. Even one that discrete is going to chew up battery life.

It helps to only turn it on when you need it, just like wifi and GPS. No need for 4G if you're just browsing the web or something, but turn it on for downloading big files or movies.

I got 4.6 down earlier tonight near a tower, feels good man.

The fact you are on Sprint is an automatic fail. I am amazed they are still in business with such shitty service.

I've had Sprint for over 4 years, yet to have any problems with coverage, customer service or otherwise. For all the horror stories I hear, I guess I must be lucky. Tough to beat the old SERO plan though.