photogs...

evan9381

anyone suggest a good tutorial i can WATCH where they explain all of this stuff? some of the threads ive seen here lately, and the fact my S5 IS is working again have made me want to finally take the time to learn to use this with more than just the auto function. i dont have anything besides the camera as it came, no extra lenses, etc, but im sure this camera can take better pics than what i have, as long as i learn how to use the functions.

i'd like to find something i can watch on something like youtube, or similar. ive tried reading some things but they dont make much sense to me...usually when there are videos for new people, they'll explain it like im retarded, which is what i need until i can get that part down, then watch the next level up videos.

I have some great links bookmarked at home and will Post them later. Nice as they are Canon centric too.

If you're near Easton, we can meet for lunch sometime and if you bring your camera, I'll give you a crash course.

i can definitely do that, as i have more than enough free time. ill check out the links too so maybe i wont seem so confused. lol

Get a tripod sometime and play with long exposure photos. Those are always fun and cbus skyline can provide a nice subject.

Also you might read the book "understanding exposure"

You can find it in pdf online but its also very cheap through amazon and a must read for any hobbiest.

• 3 weeks later...

^lol

i found the users manual online for mine, and found a couple features i thought were cool...the color accent is pretty fun to use...

i wanna find a spot just outside the city with a rooftop parking garage so i can try to get a few night pics of the city.