Need help with SR20det Engine swap! Please!

NismoTuned

I just ended up blowing a head gasket on my 1992 240sx Hatch's stock KA motor, so i decided it would be the perfect time to swap in an SR20det . I am either going to be getting an RB20det, RB25det, blacktop S13 SR20det or an S14 SR20det and was wondering if anyone knew of a reliable place to buy the motor/shop to do it. Im waiting to hear back from Zerolift and Slowmotion, and talked to IPS. Also was wondering around how much it would cost out the door for the swap. I will most likely end up going with an SR due to the ease of the swap, and just sell the KA. IF anyone has experience with this please i would greatly appreciate any opinions or thoughts about where to go. Also if anyone would be able to do it as a side job as opposed to taking it to a shop i'd be open to that. Thanks for any input in advance!

Oh one last thing, if your going to talk shit about how everyone has an SR powered 240 or tell me to throw anything other than an SR or RB motor into it (like an LS1 etc.) you can just save it, no offence.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I love the SR engine and the KA also, as long as its turbo. I had a KA-T for years. They both work well but I have been running a VQ35DE for the past 3 years and I love the torque as well as the readily available parts due to it being a 350z engine.

If for some reason you want to go VQ, let me know cause I can really help out. I have a subframe that is ready to do for a VQ swap.

Otherwise, ill keep an eye out for an SR. Whats your budget?