Ankle carry - M&P compact

evan9381

anyone carry a firearm of this size (g26/g27, XD SC, etc) on the ankle? i want to find a holster for ankle carry for the times im not wearing a shirt that is going to do a great job of covering with an IWB...i went to vances today and they only had a desantis holster, and when i tried it on, it seemed very obvious to me that it was there....i think part of it was the fur/liner thing was so thick to pad your leg, it made it pop out quite a bit...tried it with a keltec PF9, which is my other carry gun, and it was better, but id prefer to carry the M&P...

i dont have large legs, but on the same note, i dont have chicken legs, nor do i wear tight pants like i see some of these people wearing these days.

why the hell would you ankle carry?

"oh hey bad guy, give me a minute to kneel down and pull my pants up and finagle my gun out, don't shoot me just yet k???"

i guess you didnt read the first 2 lines of my post, otherwise your question would be answered

i dont tell anyone how/where to carry their firearm, i expect the same back

When would you have you shirt off and pants on lol.

not saying my shirt off, but with my IWB, it makes a fairly noticeable bulge right above my wallet where i carry it...when i dont have a baggy shirt on, with the bulge on my belt line and the printing on my shirt, its not hard to tell...now, when ive got on a sweatshirt, or a jacket, its a good option, but other times, its not the best. just looking for another option

...tried it with a keltec PF9, which is my other carry gun, and it was better, but id prefer to carry the M&P...

SIMPLE SOLUTION...SELL ME THE M&P

ha...i like the M&P waaaay too much, and ive got too much time/money in modifications into it to sell it to you. you should go with the $469 new offer you found

hmm...thats one thing i did like about the ones i tried on, is it seemed pretty set in place, while not cutting off the circulation in my leg...it just popped out too much where i could see it on my pant leg

idk about you, but unless i put my leg on something no one will ever notice it. it fits all my guns my m&p.40 my g29, my kimber and i never have issues.

the people who notice I carry, carry themselves

the people who don't notice, don't matter

Well said.

It's not your duty to ensure an FBI agent can't tell your carrying from 5 feet away. Do a reasonable job of conealing. If someone see's you are printing, they will either:

* Assume it is a cell phone/ other BS and not give a shit.

* Call the cops, where you have a license and have no issues.

* Have a CCW themselves and no shits will be given.

Kel Tec P3AT fits, in a holster, perfectly in your front pocket and nobody will ever know its there.

This.

I use the Recluse holster (Steve recommended it last year I think) and it is awesome. Leaves about the same print as a blackberry or wallet, and the draw operation has been flawless in all practiced scenarios. I would seriously suggest this over an ankle holster any day. In case of robbery, it's easy to reach into your pocket for your "wallet" and come out with a weapon.