Car audio/playing music from your phone

BrianZ06

How many of you play music thru your car speakers with your phone. I have downloaded Pandora and Gtunes onto my verizon droid inc. I guess I need a aux hook up on my head unit from what I understand and I can not see one. My system consist of a Pioneer DEH P8MP head unit,stock bose speakers for now,JL sub&amp. Everything is hard wired,ipod,radar,garmin. I use the ipod all the time but I can download songs easier onto my phone now. Do they make some kind of adapter that I can hook onto my ipod wire to let me hook up to my phone. I know that would be to easy.

I have a Pioneer Premier DEH-980BT, feeds Kicker componets in the front, Infinity Coax's in the rear, and a Eclipse mono-amp feeding two Kicker 10's. I also have Pioneer's iPod adapter; I have an old 20GB iPod that always stays in the truck, and services as a music hard drive, as the head unit controls it. This unit will NOT work with the iPhone; I contacted Pioneer and they have no solution for this. Some of the newer Pioneer units (with USB interfaces) will hard wire to an iPhone. I bought my unit mid 2006, a week after it was released, so iPhones weren't popular back then. They just updated my model this past year, so oddly enough, it is only barely out of date now being 4 and a half years old! For some reason they updated the lower models, while keeping this one as-is for years.

My unit also has Bluetooth - it auto-syncs with my iPhone. It works really well, as I can take calls through it, listen to music/Pandora/etc through my system, and when I am using navigation, it speaks through my stereo system as well.

Your unit is stuck using the same iPod controller as mine, but doesn't have the Bluetooth. You could use something like the CD-RB20 to hook into your head unit via the headphone jack, but you probably won't like that. Your other solution is to update to a higher optioned head unit.

Those radio transmitter modules are junk.

Not if you buy a good one. That's what I use, I don't have to worry about cables and wires, it all goes through bluetooth, so music, navigation and phone all plays through the stereo.

In my audi I do have an ipod connector that's wired into my stereo and I found an ipod to usb adapter once that I wanted to try, I had to do some searching to find it.

Something like this:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=female+ipod+to+usb+adapter&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=12156140010397884632&ei=Gkf-TJudM4a8lQeyor39CA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CFcQ8wIwAQ#

though you may like your head unit, i'd say bite the bullet and get another one with either an aux jack (if you dont mind wires) or bluetooth compatibility (if you dont mind draining your phone battery). i love driving cars with ford sync and being able to stream high-quality music via bluetooth

It's not top priorty right now. Down the road I will just get a newer head unit with a aux port. Just keep using the ipod for now. I mean it works fine and I don't have to worry about draining my phone if I used it for a long period of time.

if its a pioneer and its not super old, i may have something i can sell you

the pioneer headunit i had it on was purchased new in like 03/04, so its fairly old now. it connects into the rear of my old headunit, and i just ran the wire out the ashtray and its a headphone jack, and played through my system. i guess you'll have to pull the head unit and see if yours has the aux cord input.

How many of you play music thru your car speakers with your phone. I have downloaded Pandora and Gtunes onto my verizon droid inc. I guess I need a aux hook up on my head unit from what I understand and I can not see one. My system consist of a Pioneer DEH P8MP head unit,stock bose speakers for now,JL sub&amp. Everything is hard wired,ipod,radar,garmin. I use the ipod all the time but I can download songs easier onto my phone now. Do they make some kind of adapter that I can hook onto my ipod wire to let me hook up to my phone. I know that would be to easy.

I stream it all the time. I paid the $25/yr for Pandora mainly for the higher quality sound. Well worth it. I stream with Blutooth on the Ford and via the built in plug in the Mazda that goes to the headphone jack.

my verizon droid inc........Do they make some kind of adapter that I can hook onto my ipod wire to let me hook up to my phone. I know that would be to easy.

Shoulda bought an iPhone ;)

I already covered that, look at the first post below the original.

I already covered that, look at the first post below the original.

i guess...but this

http://www.audioport.eu/published/publicdata/AUDIOPORSHOP/attachments/SC/products_pictures/cdrb20_detailpage.jpg

looks like youre just having to add an extra box...the wire he posted and that i have goes directly from the back of the head unit to an earphone jack into the phone/ipod.