Got a track bike GSX-R750, tons of pics of preperation process

vw151

I decided the monster was too pretty to risk trashing at the track. I found this GSXR 750 fairly cheap on the WERA forum. Anyway, check it out. Actually, you guys know him. Gixxie750 sold it to me. Had a lot of good parts, was a pretty good deal but needed a little love.

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_5147.jpg

IMG_5148.jpg

IMG_5149.jpg

IMG_5150.jpg

IMG_5151.jpg

IMG_5152.jpg

IMG_5153.jpg

IMG_5154.jpg

IMG_5155.jpg

IMG_5156.jpg

IMG_5157.jpg

IMG_5158.jpg

IMG_5159.jpg

IMG_5160.jpg

IMG_5166.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

More progress working on the bike has been fun. Need ot have it finished before shit coming weekend.

Picture163-1.jpg

Picture156.jpg

Picture157.jpg

Picture162.jpg

found a problem with the threads in the drain plug. It was interesting having my buddy's fabricator fix that. I suppose there are simpler ways to do it.

Funny, you get a race bike and all your friends want to work on it. I dunno if its a tom sawyer sort of thing or what but I feel pretty lucky.

IMG_5173.jpg

IMG_5174.jpg

IMG_5176.jpg

IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5182.jpg

IMG_5185.jpg

IMG_5189.jpg

IMG_5190.jpg

IMG_5192.jpg

IMG_5193.jpg

IMG_5194.jpg

IMG_5197.jpg

IMG_5198.jpg

IMG_5200.jpg

IMG_5205.jpg

IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5208.jpg

IMG_5209.jpg

IMG_5210.jpg

IMG_5211.jpg

IMG_5215.jpg

IMG_5222.jpg

IMG_5223.jpg

IMG_5225.jpg

IMG_5227.jpg

IMG_5229.jpg

IMG_5230.jpg

IMG_5231.jpg

IMG_5234.jpg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

busch light, coors light bouleit burbon. It all depends. :) We like drinking and working on bikes. It's been an eventful 2 weeks. I just hope we can get it buttoned up this week before barber.

BTW, anyone who is seeing themselves in these pictures. Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it a lot.

Lots of desmohio love in here and a special thanks to Robert, who isn't quite as into the forums as us computer nerds.

Edited by vw151

The guy that did the welding is Keith, im not 100% on his prices, but he is EXTREMELY reasonable, and local to gahanna. Not to mention he can make about anything you would want... anything.

Joe, youre welcome for the help. Thats what friends are for man. I just hope you have a blast on her at barber this weekend! Im fucking jealous im not going man!

OH and like vw151 said, Robert is an awesome guy. I will try to bring him out to an event. This is Robert...

IMG_5215.jpg

lolz

Edited by yotaman88210

Was the valve problem fixed before you got it or was that part of the TLC it needed.

no valve problem. Just checking tolerances. They were in but close to needing shimmed. I'll probably shim them after barber.

Holy crap! You took her all apart!!!!! Do you have any final product pics? You are putting some seriouse love into her!

No final pics yet but they will follow. Still need to put it all back together but it's almost done. Would have liked to have been able to go through the forks too but not enough time. I can't wait to ride at Barber.

Once it's done it'll be all black. Probably just primer before the end of the week though.

Two questions....

First... Can we get some photos like that of that beautiful S2R??

Second... What is supposed to be in 'PaperTowel Dick's' holster??

I am not sure what to say about Rob's dick holster. however......

I will always post pics of the monster when asked. I whore pictures all the time and that bike is sooo pretty these days. The insurance company helped me out with it last year when I had a mishap down in south east OH. The first two are as it is today.... minus some tech spec grippy stuff on the tank. I was getting it all ready to track this year when it occurred to me that wrecking it again would cost more then just buying a pre-loved WERA raced gixxer. Not to mention the fact that a GSX-R750 is just plain more suited for the track. I've ridden the monster at the track and an old GSX-R600 and I've ridden some other superbikes. The monster does fine at the track but the superbikes are just meant for the track. Anyway' date=' that's how I ended up with the GSXR.

[img']http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r197/vw151/IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

check out this animated gif lol.

Exhaust.gif

IMG_4989.jpg

IMG_4998.jpg

tattoo2019.jpg

tattoo2022.jpg

here are a few from in between when the engine covers where still off.

Picture199.jpg

Picture200.jpg

didn't have the header yet.

Picture202.jpg

heres one of the damage from the wreck PRE-new parts.

tattoo2013.jpg

tattoo2014.jpg

tattoo2209.jpg

tattoo2015.jpg

here are a couple from before I had done any mods only a few months after I got her.

Picture-018.jpg

Picture-009.jpg

Picture-002.jpg

LOL, told you I was a whore. I'll post up more pics of the track bike when she's ready for barber. I have a feeling she won't be all done by then but the bike will be good enough to ride.

Edited by vw151

The guy that did the welding is Keith, im not 100% on his prices, but he is EXTREMELY reasonable, and local to gahanna. Not to mention he can make about anything you would want... anything.

Joe, youre welcome for the help. Thats what friends are for man. I just hope you have a blast on her at barber this weekend! Im fucking jealous im not going man!

OH and like vw151 said, Robert is an awesome guy. I will try to bring him out to an event. This is Robert...

IMG_5215.jpg

lolz

Yes, Robert has been a huge help. He has 2 GSXR track bikes and knows the bikes really well. He is probably one of the nicest people you will ever meet, so if you ever meet him..... well, be nice to him cause he deserves it.

Aaaaaaa, Its a yota in wolverines clothing. :puke:

Do yourself a favor VW, peel off those asshat junkie stickers. :D

I've got nothing personal against them but all the stickers have been removed in the sanding-fiberglass-duraglassing process. It's almost ready for some primer.

Aaaaaaa, Its a yota in wolverines clothing. :puke:

who wiped their ass with yota's shirt?

Ok, in my defense about my choice of clothing... Someone left the sweatshirt at my house when I lived on campus. I was gonna throw it away, but I figured It would be more fun to work on cars/bikes in it and wipe grease all over it. Just throwing it away wasnt enough. I had to dirty it first. :D

Ever need any notes, I got a book full of them. Raced that model from 2001-2003 and was VERY intimate with it. Watch a few things, but they were tanks and held up really well... Again, if you come to any STT events at Mid-Ohio or I can leave them with the boys at Pony, I have a book full of notes and gearing. I can tell ya gearing we ran at Barber back then, too...