This is nasty.

I Eat Rice

so is the stupid price he's asking

Ya I can agree with that hell you can get a rolling body and a built motar for half of his asking price. I would drive the tires off that car though. I would love to have an lsx swapped rx7 or 240sx. I will give the man credit though that is a very very clean example of an lsx swapped car that is what 20 years old. Car sounds nasty on his vid as well.

so is the stupid price he's asking

I bet he has prolly close to 12-14k in parts plus his time once you figure out everything he had to do to get the motor in there and the trans and getting a rear end to work. There is alot of work and time in doin swaps like these. Its not as easy as just dropping in a motor and trans and having everything else work with it. You gotta figure in if he did it alone, it would of taken some time and that is worth some money to him.

I bet he has prolly close to 12-14k in parts plus his time once you figure out everything he had to do to get the motor in there and the trans and getting a rear end to work. There is alot of work and time in doin swaps like these. Its not as easy as just dropping in a motor and trans and having everything else work with it. You gotta figure in if he did it alone, it would of taken some time and that is worth some money to him.

What he said.

LS1 swapped FD's are going for that and more (I've seen $30+). I spend $7k on my 'budget' swap. Thats not including the car, suspension, wheels, etc. Couldn't even tell you how many hours I have into it, two months of working every afternoon and weekend.

It really isn't a super amount of work to get that motar in, it will cost a good bit of money though. I know its a well documented swap and there are multiple people manufactureing direct swap kits with everything you need to drop the motar in for around $1,700. That was the cost for one companies kit and that includes the tranny mounting hardware, driveshaft ect ect. http://www.sikky.com/view_item.php?id=36&catid=12

It really isn't a super amount of work to get that motar in, it will cost a good bit of money though. I know its a well documented swap and there are multiple people manufactureing direct swap kits with everything you need to drop the motar in for around $1,700. That was the cost for one companies kit and that includes the tranny mounting hardware, driveshaft ect ect. http://www.sikky.com/view_item.php?id=36&catid=12

Yes the motor drop in isnt to hard but everything else after that to get to work/mate with it is the problem.

Everything is easy sitting on your couch doing intarwebz research. Dropping the motor in and bolting it in chassis took me 4 hours. The rest of the time was getting it to work and interface.

In my case the mounting kit was $350 and the driveshaft is an all aluminum driveshaft out of a corvette which was ~$100 (driveshaft was cheap but had to change the slip yoke and diff flange).

Guest 614Streets

The car needs more refinement than that for 18,000. The racing stickers really hurt the look and the interior leaves alot to be desired. Wheels are an easy change if thats a cosmetic issue. Why is the rollbar blue? Quiet it down a bit. Why you wouldnt own a corvette instead of this is a logical question. Would be very appealing to see a theme with this car such as embroidery on corvette seats with the racing flags but with a nissan symbol in the middle etc.

Now of course if it came with a year supply of herp derp remover , and a couple pats or genos cheese steaks , and a few of the choice skirts from philly then 18 k and the current state might be justified.

Yes the motor drop in isnt to hard but everything else after that to get to work/mate with it is the problem.
Ya I could see that. It is usually the case with most motar swap cars. Alot of these cars with the kits have everything you need to get everything on or in the car and running. That one I showed had everything needed to even bolt a t56 right up I think too. The pain will be getting your electrical stuff all working in the dash and all that I would assume.

My swap kit was 1200 bucks... Tht was the cheap part of my swap...
I've actually talked to you about your 7 a few times last year at McFlips. I should have bought it off you, still not sure why I didn't. It was in IPS at the time I think. Its a beast.

Everything is easy sitting on your couch doing intarwebz research. Dropping the motor in and bolting it in chassis took me 4 hours. The rest of the time was getting it to work and interface.

In my case the mounting kit was $350 and the driveshaft is an all aluminum driveshaft out of a corvette which was ~$100 (driveshaft was cheap but had to change the slip yoke and diff flange).

Oh I never said it would be as simple as a b16 swap in a Honda, your gonna have to put your hours in or pay a good penny in labor to have the work done but with it being so documented now the bugs are worked out to a point with this swap and we now know what works and what won't. Its not like I would be the only person doing the swap now and trying to figure out how to make it all work, if I so chose to do a swap like this. Its mearly following the directions and fabrication at this point. The advantage of having this car and or a rx7 is that they weigh less than a vette with the same motar. I think I would rather have the vette though.

I wouldn't mind rocking that. Car looks clean but the gauge bezel is a bit strange but looks like it could be easily changed. Blue cage can be spray painted but for the price I would expect a bit more quality. Swaps are always fun but I would prefer a V8 Miata if I was gonna be swappin.