Next door neigbors house just caught on fire

KennyFKINPowerz

Glad to hear your house is unscathed. On a less than positive note, all the noise from remodeling/tearing that place down that you're gonna have to put up with is gonna suck.

A couple months ago, I come home at night and as I walk into my garage, I smell a definite burning smell. I immediately rush in to the house, still smell it but cannot place it. I'm getting a bit worried as I cannot smell it outside and know it has to be coming from my... duplex somewhere, condo, townhouse, whatever stupid ass name you wanna give it. A few minutes later, my neighbors pull up and I ask them to check their house and see if it smells the way mine does. Long story short, this ass fell asleep earlier with food cooking and set the cabinets in his kitchen on fire! All I could think about was my animals who would've stuck in the house. I fuckin hate duplexes and the like.

It's been a busey week for us so far, it's getting colder and people are resorting to space heaters, alternative means to heat. Just becareful with what you use and how you use it, don't leave space heaters unattended and please check the batteries in your detectors! It saved a family on a fire we had on the westside Thursday morning.

Also please be aware of CO! This means running your car in the garage even with your garage door open......it can still travel into the home! I see it every winter.

Glad your House is OK! Getting the fire under control, preventing extension and protecting exposures are important in life safety and property conservation. This is with out a doubt the hardest time of year to Fight Fire.

Oh and It's a huge help to US if you can keep your sidewalk's and driveway's clean of snow and ice! Our Medics and FF's appreciate that very much! If you can Clear the snow from in front of fire hydrants as well!

Oh and It's a huge help to US if you can keep your sidewalk's and driveway's clean of snow and ice! Our Medics and FF's appreciate that very much! If you can Clear the snow from in front of fire hydrants as well!

Where I lived in CT and MA, you're legally required to clear your sidewalk of snow/ice within 24 hrs of a snowfall for just that reason. No one bothers in OH, but IMO it should be required. Of course no one in Ohio would give up their God-given right to sit on their ass inside and not do any work if they damn well please.

Then why do you live in one?

Wasn't originally my choice. Now, at this point, the rent is so damn cheap, our landlord is really great and doesn't mind the 3 dogs - which are all very well behaved and don't destroy the property, anyway.

I've been looking for a home off and on with a fenced yard for rent but haven't found anything within the right price range that is north of 70 and in a decent area.

But fuckall, I hate this place. For many different reasons, some I have/had no control over.

Here is the aftermath. I took these this morning. It looks like his truck is ok though. It was in the garage the whole time. Its covered in soot and has a big dent in the drivers bedside, (probably from the fireman trying to work around it, or something falling on it since there is no longer a ceiling in the garage.

Gotta give it to the firemen last night. They were working on ice and had freezing water pouring down on top of them and they just kept at it and didnt skip a beat even though nobody was inside. They saved my house. To those of you on here who are Firemen I want to say thank you very much.

My house is on the right.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/jallen_100/2010-12-10100606.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/jallen_100/2010-12-10100629.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/jallen_100/2010-12-10100704.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/jallen_100/2010-12-10100748.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/jallen_100/2010-12-10100736.jpg

So the investigators told us today that this was Arson and that it was NOT a random act. They think these people were targeted. Looks like they pissed off the wrong people. Kinda scary being next door to me though and my kids outside playing. Just bought security cameras today and they should be installed by the end of next week. Got the firepower inside so I will have the inside and outside covered now. Hopefully I will never have to use either one though. One of my neighbors caught the whole thing on his cameras which proves it was arson.