7 Best Cars for Winter

CRed05

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10945914/7-best-cars-for-the-snow.html?puc=outbrain&cm_ven=outbrain&obref=obnetwork

Summary:

1. Audi A8

2. Land Rover Range Rover Sport

3. Porsche Cayenne Sport

4. VW Toaureg TDI

5. Toyota Land Cruiser

6. Subaru Outback

7. Volvo XC70 T6

:lol:

Now that's funny...

Replace one of the two WJ's with WK and I'll go with it. My 06 GC goes exactly where I point it and doesn't give a fuck about anything.

Whoops. Actually meant to have the last one a WK since I have more experience with a WJ. :) My bad.

It gives a shit about ice.

So do Audi's, but the Jeep can drive right through a 3' snow drift and not give a shit about it either. VW's...I mean Audi's cannot. :D

I concur.

Hater. LOL! Have you driven a Jeep that you personally have owned for at least 3 winters? If not, don't try to compare. :) But whatever. Agree to disagree..

Spot On Ol Chap.

I <3 You

Hahaha.

Jeep 4x4 > * AWD. Come down here in the country. I'll show you what I mean. No pretty little plowed roads here. :p

the Jeep can drive right through a 3' snow drift and not give a shit about it either. VW's...I mean Audi's cannot. :D

Touareg What ?

You may not be aware that the Touareg has every off-road amenity you could want.. Including low range 4X4 ect. Oh, and adjustable air suspension.

My Ram in 4 wheel has not been stuck or slid off the road yet. I have had it in some crazy snow - not found in Ohio - that a car AWD or not couldn't think about touching. Here in Ohio though, I would say most AWD/4WD vehicles are pretty evenly matched, pending the tires and mainly the driver.

The X5 AWD does pretty great too. My RWD 5 series sucks a big one. It just has wide ass all season tires though since I have the truck. That probably has alot to do with it.

Touareg What ?

Really? I mean...really?

No. I've driven a Toureg. Overpriced and nowhere near the capabilites of a Jeep. Nicer? Yes. More luxurious? Yes. As capable in snow drifts, mud, and on trails? No way.

Again, just my .02 and I understand your VAG love. I won't own another though after my 2 1.8T's.

Touareg What ?

You may not be aware that the Touareg has every off-road amenity you could want.. Including low range 4X4 ect. Oh, and adjustable air suspension.

and it weighs almost 3 tons so once you start sliding, NOTHING will stop you.

@CarWhore I wish I had a picture I took over the summer of my friend's H2 getting pulled out of a muddy ditch by a Wrangler.

EDIT: I'm currently looking at JD Power's 2010 Vehicle Dependability Study. Car makes were ranked based on "Problems per 100 vehicles". Top 5: Porsche (110), Lincoln (114), Buick (115), Lexus (115), Mercury (121). Bottom 5: Land Rover (255), Suzuki (253), VW (225), Jeep (222), MINI (203).

http://www.automobile.com/2007-bmw-x5-4-8i-winter-test.html

You can find a review for anything and everything. ;)

I can say first hand, mine is great.

My Dads does just fine after you take the giant 20x12s off the back and go with stock X5 wheels but its not lightning the offroad world on fire.

This. We have the normal 17's on and it does GREAT.

Just finished actually reading that article. It was clearly written by someone who has not only not driven a single one of those cars, but got all his information from looking up standard vs. optional cold weather accessories. Really, though, given the website, he's just writing that article to make the idiots who listen to Jim Cramer and buy Cayenne S or drop $50k on Touareg feel better about their retarded purchase.