OK - I'm Stupid - Local Shotgun ordinance question

Mowgli1647545497

Nothing beyond the whole class being catelogged "no sporting purpose" and therefore a "Destructive device".

I do some work for a tactical training company and can register it thru them, in fact we have several USAS-12s already (this would be a WM-12 reworked to restore full auto, essentially the same thing) but I'd rather register it to myself than thru HRT.

HOWEVER - I don't want to pay out the ass for licensing just to own it. I've paid more in licensing than I have for some of my mgs.

There are no pre-86 Auto shotguns that I know of. Therefore, you can't buy one under the NFA. The only ways to acquire one would be to :

-1. Obtain your Type 7 or 10 Class 2 SOT and manufacture (with a demo letter from a LE agency [good luck with that]), or be a dealer for them

or

-2. Obtain your Type 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, or 11 and Class 3 SOT and become strictly a dealer for them.

These are Federal licenses, and I believe, trump state laws. Ohio is friendly towards NFA stuff, so you'd have no problem with state laws anyways. It's perfectly legal to own them if you have the means.

This isn't a pre McClure-Volkmer, its new. Well mostly new.

As a GSA trainer I can, thru the company, operate and maintain in working order these weapons - can even have them on my premises ("working on them") - don't have to be a dealer. The LE letter wouldnt be a problem since we train several, but again, the class licensing cost $ I don't want to spend, as I've no intent to personally become a dealer, importer, or manufacturer. Regardless I already have my type 10 - we all do because of a technicality for when/if we reload any rounds for any of our training equipment, which occasionally happens, and/or when the LE agencies who train with us pay us for ordinance - which happens more often.

Still, more money I don't want to spend, and this time out of my pocket. More type licensing is something I wanted to avoid. Ah well.

This would have basically been a gift from a client, but I'll pass if its going to cost me too much. Looks like it'll be on the books as the company's. Bleh. At least I'll still get to play with it.

Thanks for the quick help guys

The important question here is what company do you work for, and how can I get a job there?

No seriously, I want a job.

But yeah, Austin is on the right track as far as a FA shotgun is concerned. I don't believe that there is any other way for an individual to have a FA shotgun, only companies/corps. I do wonder if someone could use a registered LL, RDIAS, HK Trigger Pack, etc and build a FA shotgun around it?

Off-Topic Slightly: FA Saiga 12's are awesome.