List of Must Modify Cars?

hpfiend

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after what we were taking i think 12s would not be fast enuf for what he is wanting to do. more like a streetable 9sec car. at least thats what i thought he was looking for. mostly he seems to regret the sell of the mustang.

Understandable. How fast was his Mustang just curious? Honestly 12's with just a boost controler is not that bad though. Hell 12's in general isn't that bad. But I was never a track guy and prob will never be thats why I never really cared what other peoples cars ran at the track. I ran into plunty of so called sub 12 sec cars most were mustangs, (sorry ford guys) and a few imports in my old ws6 and I would work them all day long down 270. And these were cars that would have ate me alive at the track like I said sub 12 sec cars and I was a midd 12 sec car at around 117. Honestly if he wants a project car he should just heads, cam, and throw a bottle in his zo6 and just call it a day. Thats what I would do. Or like I said go with a awd 4g63 car. Its not that expensive to build one of those blocks or save the time and have on built and all he would need is a shepp tranny and he would have a good shot at 10's pending on psi and driver ability. The ls1 swapped 240sx idea was mentioned already but that is a good idea too because you can find those cars for nothing now and all your money can go into the motar and trans set up.

4g63 & Hanes underwear = UNSTOPPPABLE.

:funny:

isint a shepard trans 8000 doallars. that would be over half a 9 sec camro build

No sir. The stage 4 shepard trans is $2195. This was the trans that he ran in his 8 sec talon so it is proven and going to do the job and then some. http://www.sheptrans.com/transmissions/dsm_awd.htm

Here is a link to his web site if you would like to check it out for yourself.

Oh and a stage 3 Bushur block is $3050 because I know where this is going. This is the block that he himself ran in his drag cars. Stated to hold over 900hp. http://secure.buschurracing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_34_122&products_id=150&osCsid=0339b312f1efbdd989e760202df2c17e So for a little over 5 grand well lets just say 6 you will have your unbreakable tranny and built short block. Match all that with good supporting modds and a good turbo and your in the 10's for about 10 grand if you are smart on how you spend the rest of your money. A DSM is one of the few imports I would ever own. I have loved the cars for years and would love to build one some day once I get my other goals taken care of first.

I know i'll get jumped on for this but Shep's products are only good if you catch him in a good mood the day you drop off your car or the day he builds your trans. I bought six different trans from him and none of them ever stayed together. Each time I stated to him that money was no object and that I wanted him to build the best tranny he could for me that would take alot of abuse and still be daily driveable. The first two trannys that I bought from him I had him build then installed them myself. Well after each of them continued to grind from day 1 until the day I took them out I as instructed by him dropped my car off with him for the next 4 trannys and had him do all of the work from the teardown to the complete reinstall and adjustments. Each time I picked the car up I got about a mile from his house and they started grinding and clunking into gears really badly. I called him immediately and he said that they needed broke in properly. (B.S.) He blamed the clutch slave, then the clutch master, then the shift linkage, then the shifter assembly, then the clutch assembly under the dash, then the .............etc. etc. etc. Each time I bought the best parts that money could buy and had him put them in with no questions asked. After 15 grand or so I gave up and sold the car. Moral of the story is nobody is god when it comes to upgrading cars. Do as much research as you can and learn to do the stuff yourself or with a little help from friends and you'll be much happier and have alot more money in your pocket at the end of the day. I will say that i'd recomend I.P.S to anybody though as they will tell you when something is just flat not gonna work instead of making hollow promises and just taking your money. Not too long ago they bailed a really good friend of mine out of a slowmotion nightmare. Slowmotion does deserve props for what they do with hondas but if you take anything other than a honda to them you might as well use your money as kindling to start fires in your fireplace. They flat out suck at anything other than hondas. The friend im speaking of took an infiniti g to them for a turbo build and among MANY MANY problems that they left him with after a HUGE bill the had the nerve to build portions of his intercooler piping from dryer hose that came from home depot. WOW is all I can say about that.

I know i'll get jumped on for this but Shep's products are only good if you catch him in a good mood the day you drop off your car or the day he builds your trans. I bought six different trans from him and none of them ever stayed together. Each time I stated to him that money was no object and that I wanted him to build the best tranny he could for me that would take alot of abuse and still be daily driveable. The first two trannys that I bought from him I had him build then installed them myself. Well after each of them continued to grind from day 1 until the day I took them out I as instructed by him dropped my car off with him for the next 4 trannys and had him do all of the work from the teardown to the complete reinstall and adjustments. Each time I picked the car up I got about a mile from his house and they started grinding and clunking into gears really badly. I called him immediately and he said that they needed broke in properly. (B.S.) He blamed the clutch slave, then the clutch master, then the shift linkage, then the shifter assembly, then the clutch assembly under the dash, then the .............etc. etc. etc. Each time I bought the best parts that money could buy and had him put them in with no questions asked. After 15 grand or so I gave up and sold the car. Moral of the story is nobody is god when it comes to upgrading cars. Do as much research as you can and learn to do the stuff yourself or with a little help from friends and you'll be much happier and have alot more money in your pocket at the end of the day. I will say that i'd recomend I.P.S to anybody though as they will tell you when something is just flat not gonna work instead of making hollow promises and just taking your money. Not too long ago they bailed a really good friend of mine out of a slowmotion nightmare. Slowmotion does deserve props for what they do with hondas but if you take anything other than a honda to them you might as well use your money as kindling to start fires in your fireplace. They flat out suck at anything other than hondas. The friend im speaking of took an infiniti g to them for a turbo build and among MANY MANY problems that they left him with after a HUGE bill the had the nerve to build portions of his intercooler piping from dryer hose that came from home depot. WOW is all I can say about that.

I can dig what your saying for sure man. I have only heard good things about sheperd, it was kind of nice to hear the other side, like how willing he is to fix his mess ups and what not. There are parts that do require break ins though. The drive it like your gonna drive it idea does not work from what I have seen. I have no experiance with IPS so i can not comment on this one. Now the slowmotion situation is another problem. Any one I know that took their cars there had bad experiances. One in particular was a 300zx tt that went it for a built block and big turbo set up and over a year after it went in it was still untouched and alot of stuff was misssing from the car and the motar. Last time i checked the block never even made it into the car. I dont even think they gave my friend back the car. Yes they can build nasty hondas and yes Cory can tune well but I hate to say it I would not tell a single sole to go their with their car. And I hate saying that cause their all nice guys but ya wouldnt do it.

see thats why i build my own tranys motors rears, chassis if someting breaks or cant hold the power im making its my fault. so i get to kick my own ass. !! and i dont have to wait for 15 other cars to get done first. although with 3 builds at one time and a 1 car garage it feels that way.

now i just got to get motivated to install this damn anti roll bar and 4.11 gr. and get the engine out so i can swap internals to new dart block.!!! i cant wait to feel more boost. i think i may get a chisseld performace intercooler and get rid of the small one i have now. id really like to put the new cooler in the bed. so i can keep both seats for me and a passanger.!!!! marion is cool like that. ill be giving test rides in the 8s for 50 bucks a pass, also have to sign a waver.

Edited by Mattsv8