Huge THANKS!!! to Mike aka Copperhead

TTQ B4U

Let's just say the man knows his stuff.

If anyone here needs their Wii "improved" ;) Just contact him. You'll regret it if you don't.

Mike, you're officially my 7 year old son's hero :cool: and my 4 year old daughter said "your friend Mike is the coolest" :cool:

Cool maybe he can tell me why mine plays for a few then says error and wants to be shut down.

It's a known issue I believe. I've read a lot about them online and it seems there's an overheating issue with some. Might want to look into that. Turning off the 24hr Connect will help if not fix it.

Are we going to find out what he did yor are we to assume he was able to show him how to get the gold coin on level 7 subforum 6?

I'll gladly tell you via phone but nothing in writing :) You could probably get my drift by following the other thread though.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87169

Canadamods.ca

40 dollar plug-and-play chip. You can DIY in about 15 minutes.

True, but I'd rather give a few bucks to a friend from CR and hang out with him and his cool dogs for a couple hours shooting the shit. Not needing to break the seal on the Wii is a plus too.

how much you charge for improvements? also can you still use a wii fit with it?

PM me for details. I don't have the Wii fit board, so I don't know. If nothing else, you can play anything straight from the disk and the mods won't have any effect on anything. I do know that controllers that plug into the USB ports might take some effort to get to work when the game is run off a hard drive, but again, I haven't screwed with it myself.

Edited by copperhead

Oh, and Joe, hardware mods have been outdated for several years now.

I wouldn't call it outdated. They work very well - no update issues (recently updated mine), plays burned games just like they were purchased, and no f'ing around with anything - it just works.

When I mod-chipped mine, the only soft mods out were using Twilight Princess, and it was a unreliable PITA. I haven't looked into soft mods since, so maybe they work as good as a mod-chips now.

I wouldn't call it outdated. They work very well - no update issues (recently updated mine), plays burned games just like they were purchased, and no f'ing around with anything - it just works.

When I mod-chipped mine, the only soft mods out were using Twilight Princess, and it was a unreliable PITA. I haven't looked into soft mods since, so maybe they work as good as a mod-chips now.

Newer Wii's don't support DVD media, and the ones that do tend to run backup discs at half the speed of originals. Using a USB loader is much faster.

Just pop in the DVD, it copies to the USB Drive, downloads the cover/artwork, and is ready to go.

To play, just click the channel, select the game and enjoy. Certain ones seem to play smoother and faster streaming from a hard drive.

Would somebody please tell me what the hell is going on in here? Are we talking about modding a wii just for the sake of playing burnt games? or are we talking about modding the wii and installing a whole mass of games instantly?

Both really. Pop DVD into the system, it copies the game to the USB drive, return said game to friend/Blockbuster and then play. Yes, you can dump a ton of games at once and even back them up to your computer.