1994 Honda Civic Si overheating

coryscobra

On the ecu there should be a sticker. If no check engine lights on then that might be the problem. What rpm does the car rev out to?. If it has a vtec, it should rev to 8k with no vtec 6500rpms.

the redline reads 7200. it will pull till 7200 just not like it should IMO. its just my DD but I would like everything to work on it.

Sohc and LS/B20 rev limits are 7,200. dohc vtec's rev to 8,400. as far as the issues fix the coolant issue first like i stated do a coolant pressure test it will tell you if there is a leak in the system. Also do a leak down test. in the mean time find and fix the oil leak. un till these are done then you can focus on vtec. is the car a wiring nightmare? electrical tape evey where on the engine harness or ecu plugs?

Sohc and LS/B20 rev limits are 7,200. dohc vtec's rev to 8,400. as far as the issues fix the coolant issue first like i stated do a coolant pressure test it will tell you if there is a leak in the system. Also do a leak down test. in the mean time find and fix the oil leak. un till these are done then you can focus on vtec. is the car a wiring nightmare? electrical tape evey where on the engine harness or ecu plugs?

I'm almost positive it bounced off the relimiter at 9k. So follow the advice that ef8sir posted. then fix everything there first.