Lettuce talk Elec Cutouts

Fubar231

So im looking to purchase a 3" electric cutout here soon and don't really know whats better than what.

I was going to just get a jegs electric one but then noticed how nice the QTP ones were. Anyone have any experience with them or any cutouts they would recommend in general?

Heres the QTP one im looking at.

http://shop.quicktimeperformance.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=36

Thanks

So im looking to purchase a 3" electric cutout here soon and don't really know whats better than what.

I was going to just get a jegs electric one but then noticed how nice the QTP ones were. Anyone have any experience with them or any cutouts they would recommend in general?

Heres the QTP one im looking at.

http://shop.quicktimeperformance.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=36

Thanks

From what I have read and been told unless you are making enough HP they hurt more than help.

They sound neat if you have headers, but I think they are pretty ricer if they are not useful.

Well im running the stock exhaust , longtubes and ORY. Just going to put the cutout there for when i need it cause the stock exhaust is going to bottleneck the shit out of it. I also remember seeing a dyno chart of a bone stock ls getting around 12whp from a cutout being put on the stock exhaust.

I had dual QTP 2.5" on the Marauder (supercharged). It went from Long Tubes to Cutouts, to the Stock Front Cats, Rear Cats removed, then to the stock H-Pipe (modified to fit) then into the stock Mufflers and tips.

~30 RWHP/TQ was gained from what I recall in this application between being opened and closed.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I was just going to put it on the Y after the longtubes and ory, because the stock exhaust will bottleneck it.

Ill do what im gonna do, haters can hate.

I was asking if people recommended any cutouts, not if they think i should put it on my car or not.

Lots of guys over on Team Chevelles dont like the QTPs due to them having plastic gears and you'll often find you have to replace those gears.

Thats not good. Do you know what cutouts they switch to or run instead, or any that don't have plastic gears inside them?

I was just going to put it on the Y after the longtubes and ory, because the stock exhaust will bottleneck it.

Ill do what im gonna do, haters can hate.

I was asking if people recommended any cutouts, not if they think i should put it on my car or not.

Not saying if you should or should not, just trying to help you make an informed choice. Something that I wish people would have done for me in the past. You can call me a "hater" if you want, I could care less. You might see a drop in TQ from the loss in back pressure, but you should also see some HP.

I know alot of f-body guys use the QTP stuff and seem to like it. If I were to put one on that would be what I would use. I would take a look over on LS1tech and Camaroz28.com for some good info.

Not saying if you should or should not, just trying to help you make an informed choice. Something that I wish people would have done for me in the past. You can call me a "hater" if you want, I could care less. You might see a drop in TQ from the loss in back pressure, but you should also see some HP.

I know exactly where your coming from and thats why i do so much reading online about parts before i buy them, i just get annoyed when i ask for information about a part or something then a bunch of people just chime in saying dont do it etc. Not saying you were but i was just getting that laid out in the beginning of the thread lol

I have a QTP cut-out on my car and in the last 5 years QTP has rebuilt is twice for me.

Do you know what there warrenty is like? I was looking around on there website and couldn't find any information about there warrentys. Lifetime rebuild, XX years, anything.

why don't you spend the money on headers and a tune first. if your just wanting to ricer your camaro than go ahead with the cut out.

Previously stated im putting on longtubes and a ory...

edit: also, before i get a tune id like to get a ls6 manifold so i can get all that egr/air stuff tuned out correctly.

Do you know what there warrenty is like? I was looking around on there website and couldn't find any information about there warrentys. Lifetime rebuild, XX years, anything.

One year.

I still have Long Tubes ORY to a cut out on my car with the stock muffler and this is how my car sounds with the cutout open.

I have a QTP cutout on my bolt-on Camaro. I dare anyone to find me another f-body with the same mods that makes more power without a cutout. It has been proven that an LS1 f-body with longtubes will make more power with a cutout than any aftermarket exhaust.

Mine has been on there for years, I open and close it all the time, and it still works perfectly.

Previously stated im putting on longtubes and a ory...

edit: also, before i get a tune id like to get a ls6 manifold so i can get all that egr/air stuff tuned out correctly.

You come reinstall your EGR shit on my Camaro, and I'll sell you mine on the cheap.

I had a Race Ready cutout on my 98 TA and the screws for the motor kept falling out and the motor would fall out. My brother put a QTP on his 00 TA and I know he's had it rebuilt a couple times. We both ended up taking the plate off and just leaving the cutout open. Jacking up the car to fix that thing constantly gets old.

I have a QTP cutout on my bolt-on Camaro. I dare anyone to find me another f-body with the same mods that makes more power without a cutout. It has been proven that an LS1 f-body with longtubes will make more power with a cutout than any aftermarket exhaust.

Mine has been on there for years, I open and close it all the time, and it still works perfectly.

I have to totally agree here, the cutout on a LS1 Camaro is worth it. I've heard mixed reveiws on which ones will give you the least trouble.

I had a DMH cutout, and after going through several (under warranty), I ended up with a QTP.

It is a 3" (at least it fit my 3" cutout - I got it free for promoting QTP on a different message board), and was awesome. I stopped using it after I swapped to 3" true duals, as the car is too loud without bypassing the "mufflers." I'd have to dig it out of the basement, but I am sure I still have it, am willing to sell it. Not sure if I still have the switch or not, and it is just the unit, not the weld-in part of the cutout. PM me if interested.