Looking for Audi engine... 2.7T Who to talk to?

IVRINGS

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i assume theres plenty of wiring diagrams? and i'm talking about swapping the engine harness too.

a wire diagram will not work, You would have to take the whole steering colum just so you could keep the original set of keys to that motor so the ECU will work and start the car..

This is not some carb'd motor.

Stop now before you make a decision that will run your wallet dry not even half way through the swap.

a wire diagram will not work, You would have to take the whole steering colum just so you could keep the original set of keys to that motor so the ECU will work and start the car...

What about the keys won't make it work? The keys don't have a chip in them. I do know that he would probably have to get an S4 gauge cluster that will need to be programmed to the ECU, which isn't a big deal, and it will have to be an ECU from an early S4 too.

But yeah it's definitely not going to be an easy swap.

What about the keys won't make it work? The keys don't have a chip in them. I do know that he would probably have to get an S4 gauge cluster that will need to be programmed to the ECU, which isn't a big deal, and it will have to be an ECU from an early S4 too.

But yeah it's definitely not going to be an easy swap.

Was it 2001.5 they started writing keys to ECU's I could be wrong. Sounds like a nightmare for a motor to go in. I hate to say it but fuckin a throw an ls1 in it lol

Was it 2001.5 they started writing keys to ECU's I could be wrong. Sounds like a nightmare for a motor to go in. I hate to say it but fuckin a throw an ls1 in it lol

A guy on Audizine got 99% of the way doing that actually then said F IT and went back..

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w189/domy954/mockup001.jpg

Found my 4th arm for my engine stand yesterday. So I will get it 100% on just the stand instead of both the engine stand and cherry picker. Then I can take a few things apart to send off to get PC and clean the rest of the engine up before getting it set into the bay. I'm thinking of the RS4 clutch, but kinda don't like the idea of the self adj thing everyone talks about that could mess up.

Found my 4th arm for my engine stand yesterday. So I will get it 100% on just the stand instead of both the engine stand and cherry picker. Then I can take a few things apart to send off to get PC and clean the rest of the engine up before getting it set into the bay. I'm thinking of the RS4 clutch, but kinda don't like the idea of the self adj thing everyone talks about that could mess up.

RS4 clutch can't hold a lot of power. I would put a south bend or clutch masters clutch in there to make it worth while!

Can you guys give me a brake down of things to keep looking over before putting the engine in. I'm like I said doing the clutch before so I don't have to pull it apart again unless going 6-speed after a big month of sales. Also since my new engine is a 01.5 I shouldn't have the F hose that has issues from what I hear. I'm also going to do all new timing stuff and I think the Thermastat due to it is behind the timing right? Also VC gaskets are going to be done since I want to clean those up with some Bright Red PC. I think some Cam seals might be a good idea since one seems to have a slight seap around it.

Things I still need:

Clutch

S4 Flywheel(bought one from Kickass)

Intercoolers(bought both from Kickass)

ECU (maybe borrow 6 Speeds if I can)

Pipes from Intercoolers to TB(bought both from Kickass)

Intake Y to turbos(might get from engine place still, e-mailed)

S4 body harness stuff to repin with.

Edited by IV RINGS

I believe I still have my stock flywheel, still have my stock intercoolers, still have the stock turbo intake pipes.

Check the auxiliary coolant pump, it sits underneath the intake manifold. Chances are it's leaking. When you replace it, get the factory relocation kit along with the new pump. Yes, the thermostat sits behind the timing belt. I have the cam lock tool for doing the timing belt if you need it.

Kickass you going to be giving/selling those parts? Also I will need to borrow that cam lock tool for sure if I can. I'm going to be taking my time with it, but I don't think you are going to need it for the next month or two right? Not that I'm going to take that long, but just trying to make sure I get everything looked over before having to pull this engine for something dumb later.

Yeah I'll let them go, don't really want to just give it away, but make me a reasonable offer and they're yours. I won't need the tool I just did my t-belt service maybe a 1000 miles ago so you can use it for as long as you want.
Thanks for the deal, meet up with you soon.

• 1 month later...