Shooting Bowling Pins

RMTC

I'm going to BlackWing to shoot pins tonight for the first time and want some advice. Has anyone gone before? I'm either taking my Glock 19 or Glock 30. I've read articles supporting both calibers but want someone here with personal experience to weigh in.

I go almst every time. I use my 17L 9mm, but I have used a handfull of guns, including a .44 mag revolver. It's always fun. I've placed in the top 3 a few times, some of those guys are FAST.

The 9mm knocked them off just fine, the damn sights were off for the first 2 runs. I used the Kimber ultra carry ii for the third round and did better. After I had the sights on the Glock adjusted, I still sucked with it. I need a lot of practice.

9mm or 45ACP always works. Even 22lr will do.

I used to run the pin event at Blackwing with my B.I.L. He still does, I opted out as they kind of pissed me off.

We always liked to see folks using off the shelf, center-fire ammo of any caliber instead of handloaded bunny-farts as we tried to make the event use something more than point and shoot, square range skills.

Not always a success.:D

While the event is meant to be fun and relaxed (it really is) we viewed it as an opportunity to practice the basics. Target transitions from one side of the rack to the other, mandatory reloading, specific order of target engagement to force some brain activity etc.

If you've never been to one I suggest giving it a go. As I stated, it's meant to be fun and the only real stress is what the shooter brings with them to the firing line.

EDIT: Pin count will vary. Depends on the setup for that particular event. I don't recall ever having less than eight or nine.