Tax question

russian rocket

who sends you a 1099-r form? previous employeer, irs, or the company that managed my 401k?

last year i cashed out my 401k so that i could purchase my house. i know i will get taxed again on it on this years tax return but i havnt received anything in the mail yet and i am not to sure on who to contact about it. i know its still probably a bit early but i am just trying to get everything together and the 1099 and my w2 are the only things i have left

I went and got mine from the local library.

If you're wondering who's going to send you the form with the figures it should be the company that managed the 401k. I'm pretty sure I got my money from my stocks that way.

yep, i need the one with the numbers filled in. jp morgan managed my 401k when i worked for coca cola, i take it i should be contacting them on monday?

I'm not sure if the tax laws changed at all, but back in 2002, you were able to not be penalized for early withdrawl up to $10,000 on retirement money used to purchase a home (may have been first home, I can't recall if that was a stipulation).

I believe you have to prove that it was cheaper to use your 401k monies than to have to purchase PMI or a second mortgage now.