The Cars & Conceps Cheverra is now in Columbus!

craig71188

I am pleased to announce I now have one of the "cars of my youth". I was always into the Trans Am's and Herb Adams VSE modified cars (Fire-AM / Cheverra). I ran across this car and was able to pruchase it:

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123634&highlight=Cheverra

The car was in a CL ad in Detroit and is still in C-Prepared autocross trim. Currently it has a Dart Heads built 385 and a T400 (they will stay). The car also has a "Hairy Glass" http://www.hairyglass.com/ one piece lightweight fiberglass nose and hood (soon to be "for sale"), but also included were all the original sheet metal pices as well as a fiberglass nose custome built for the car. All the original Stage 3 Cheverra suspension is there as are many other performance pieces that were tried on the car. Also included were many photos from the original build at C&C.

I will be posting some pictures once we get everything unpacked and things get underway. I need to clear some space - and sell some stuff to raise some cash to continue at this point, I stretched my luck with the wife buying this one, though she seems more excited about it now.

I am also in need of most of a tan interior for a 1979-1980 Z28, that is the one are where a lot of stuff is missing. I would also like to round up any old magazine articles on the car - please check you old magazines (those of you that are old enough to have 1979-1980 issues :cool:) More news to follow...

• 3 months later...

I realized it's been a while since I've updated anything on the car. I was rushing around getting karts prepped for autocross season. Due to getting them ready not a lot has happened, but a little progress:

1) 'glass nose & hood removed - the original radiator support has been cut to accomodate the lightweight nose - I did secure a pretty clean replacement core support

2) Original doors back on the car

3) Made a couple trips back to Michigan to get more boxes of parts - Pete located most all the interior parts and some of the original safety equipment (belts/window net) - though out of date - still neat to have

4) Located a dash for the car - not in the best shape, was the correct color, but had been painted black - in the process of stripping it and will probably repaint

5) MAY have found a 22 gallon fuel cell - waiting on pictures to confirm it is the correct style

The biggest sticking point now is a lack of hardware (nuts/bolts/screws) - when the car was disassembled the parts were kept, but most of the fasteners have disappeared. I have a couple feelers out to guy here locally who are parting out 2nd gen cars to see if I can but a "bucket 'o bolts" to start putting things back on the car. If I get he hardware and make some progress the next couple of weekends, I'll work on getting some updated pics.....