See y'all at snow drags I guess

TurboRust

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jones was it cammed? I'm doing some reading and it seems the 272's costs people a little low end and in turn make clutch engagement a little queer. Anyways I only made 2 main st runs with it today and i'm already getting used to slipping the clutch just right.

its kinda sad though

its 9pm friday night, I have an Evo, but i'm too fucking tired to go do anything. :(

Jones was it cammed? I'm doing some reading and it seems the 272's costs people a little low end and in turn make clutch engagement a little queer. Anyways I only made 2 main st runs with it today and i'm already getting used to slipping the clutch just right.

its kinda sad though

its 9pm friday night, I have an Evo, but i'm too fucking tired to go do anything. :(

No, I did not have cams.

I can see 272's adding some difficulty, although the EMS should help a bit if has IAC control ect. intact.

I feel you though... work hard so you can have money to buy nice things so you can work and never use them.....

If you want some help putting cams in, ill be more than glad to work on another evo. I loved my friends 05 EB. I helped him put in GSC 264 (which are 272) cams, timing belt, ETC IC. It made 450 on pump with a Green at 26psi. Awesome car.

I highly suggest GSC cams. Thats what ill be running in my car.

he said he ran pump gas in the cold weather due to the tune in the AEM. Truthfully if/ when I have it reflashed for the e-85 tune i'm going to back the boost down to the 25psi its at now. the e-85 tune was for 29 psi and I want the car to last and be safe, so e-85 and 25 psi sounds like a good combo.

The stock setup of the sync trigger on the EVO does not play nice with the EVO on starts in general and an AEM EMS. It also is harder to light E85 when it gets ultra cold out, if the car sits for long periods, and/or if you are running a dry cell mini battery.

But if you can deal with the cold start issue then you should just run the car on E85 all year round. The car will idle/daily drive better and the fuel is obviously killer for when you do want to beat on it. I have run E85 for 3 straight years in my car without switching back.

The pump gas map that is in that car does not nearly as much love in it as the E85 maps did.

its kinda sad though

Those HKS272 grinds are very mild and not costing you much down low. The clutch that is in that car is just pretty goofy feeling compared to something like an Exedy twin. Its fine once you get used to it but it is very grabby and hard to modulate. You can tear up your drive train really quick if you're not careful.

Also, if you want the car to go faster then I wouldn't worry about changing cams. Any cam change you make is going to very marginal for the money/labor spent. Put a real turbo on it if you want noticeable gains. That all it really needs to run low 11s.

Put a real turbo on it if you want noticeable gains. .

Truth. Check out FP turbos. They are just crazy how much power you can put though a stock twin scroll housing on their 73mm flow advancement port. Basically a FP black being a 35r bolt on turbo that looks nearly stock. :eek:

Those HKS272 grinds are very mild and not costing you much down low. The clutch that is in that car is just pretty goofy feeling compared to something like an Exedy twin. Its fine once you get used to it but it is very grabby and hard to modulate. You can tear up your drive train really quick if you're not careful.

Also, if you want the car to go faster then I wouldn't worry about changing cams. Any cam change you make is going to very marginal for the money/labor spent. Put a real turbo on it if you want noticeable gains. That all it really needs to run low 11s.

I'm not changing cams, turbo(unless it blows), or anything else other than the tune.