Want to know why you take your car to Quality Window Tint?

SpaceGhost

Not this one, the primer on my last car was black, so on this color it will not be as noticeable as the White paint of the last one. It's cheaper for me to remove the bumper and go get it painted every few years. The clear bras were great but they all yellow and they all collect dirt around the edges so while yeah you don't get too many rock chips, they do detract from the looks on a vehicle. One of the reasons I went away from white on a Subaru was because of this. The last one that was put on by the body shop was $750. I had 2 accidents where it was replaced. All of them yellowed and collected dirt on the edges. So in six years I had almost $2k in the product, I think with the connections of this board I could get the bumper painted for way less in 3 years if I choose to do so.

On the rear fender flares, there are factory installed clear bras on this car.

Not this one, the primer on my last car was black, so on this color it will not be as noticeable as the White paint of the last one. It's cheaper for me to remove the bumper and go get it painted every few years. The clear bras were great but they all yellow and they all collect dirt around the edges so while yeah you don't get too many rock chips, they do detract from the looks on a vehicle. One of the reasons I went away from white on a Subaru was because of this. The last one that was put on by the body shop was $750. I had 2 accidents where it was replaced. All of them yellowed and collected dirt on the edges. So in six years I had almost $2k in the product, I think with the connections of this board I could get the bumper painted for way less in 3 years if I choose to do so.

I agree. I had it on my 06 black gti, hated it. Actually pulled it off. It was the bumper, 1.5 ft up the hood, front part of fenders and mirrors. Like you said, it collected crap on the edges, and made the covered area dull instead of shiny after a wash/wax.

Just checking since you are doing everything else proactively.

And please don't listen to these people. While your winter wheels don't look bad at all, they are no BBS. The factory STI BBS wheels are absolutely stunning.

One thing for sure is, I do what I like, not what others like. While I respect others opinions and I am grateful for them, I don't let others make my decisions for me. I do really like my BBS wheels. I was a little nervous 2 days before I got the thing, I clicked on a Subaru link on their website that compared features of the models. I panicked when I saw a marking on the limited that said no BBS wheels were available. Found out a little later the document on Subaru's website was wrong. They are standard equipment. Whew....

One thing for sure is, I do what I like, not what others like. While I respect others opinions and I am grateful for them, I don't let others make my decisions for me. I do really like my BBS wheels. I was a little nervous 2 days before I got the thing, I clicked on a Subaru link on their website that compared features of the models. I panicked when I saw a marking on the limited that said no BBS wheels were available. Found out a little later the document on Subaru's website was wrong. They are standard equipment. Whew....

haha, I bet that was relieving.

Can't wait to see it in summer form.

That's what I've done over the years and have moved away from clear bra's too. Had them on every car but not the MS3. Cheaper to respray it and I have a zero on my comprehensive so should anyone ever clip me in the parking lot, I'm good to go :whistle: God knows our minivan needs a couple claims thrown at it. :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...
Again I could have paid $219 for the standard tint, however I chose to buy the best grade of tint they had to put on the car. This is why the price was higher.

The "50%" tint on the front windows of my car reject 49% of solar energy, however the standard tint only rejects 26% of solar energy. All the while staying legal with 54% of light transmittance on the better stuff (even with the windows being tinted from the factory, I fall in the legal range of 50% plus or minus 3 percent) I get twice as much solar rejection with a legal tint. The standard tint has light transmittance of 59% even though called "50%". SO the opinion of everyone who says well your windows are tinted from the factory even with 50% you are illegal, is untrue. The company rounds the number. This hopefully will be keeping my seats cooler in the summer and my leather healthier. It's no different in buying any product with specs and you want a little more performance than the standard equipment. I have never bought this tint before and I wanted to try it out. We will see in the summer if it works. The 35% performs even better on the other windows. I simply chose to read about tint and become an informed buyer, and made a decision, not purely based on looks and price.

I know I'm bumping an old thread here, but just looking for your feedback Ben on the summer months with the tint you chose. I am looking to have my car re-tinted soon and wanted to know if youve noticed a difference with this higher quality film. Thanks.

I know I'm bumping an old thread here, but just looking for your feedback Ben on the summer months with the tint you chose. I am looking to have my car re-tinted soon and wanted to know if youve noticed a difference with this higher quality film. Thanks.

For sure, I need to do a video with a temp gun, with all this heat and black leather interior, I have never burned the backs of my legs when getting in the car at 3:30pm everyday. I don't put a sunshade in the windshield either, I just make sure to point the rear of the car West when I park. The upgraded film was worth every penny. It's crazy when you touch the outside of the window it's burning hot, but touch the inside film it is no where near as hot on the film. Mike PM me if you want to try and meet me durring the day sometinme to check it out I work at Columbus State, let me know.

For sure, I need to do a video with a temp gun, with all this heat and black leather interior, I have never burned the backs of my legs when getting in the car at 3:30pm everyday. I don't put a sunshade in the windshield either, I just make sure to point the rear of the car West when I park. The upgraded film was worth every penny. It's crazy when you touch the outside of the window it's burning hot, but touch the inside film it is no where near as hot on the film. Mike PM me if you want to try and meet me durring the day sometinme to check it out I work at Columbus State, let me know.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the offer, I'll let you know if I want to check it out sometime.

The cool part about the Pinnicle 50% is that it actually 54% so if you were metered, with a window being 93% from factory you should be fine passing within the 10% guideline.

Specs:

http://www.formulaone.com/pdf/FormulaOneSpecSheet.pdf

Yeah, I was really on the fence between 50 and 35 (mentioned in another thread) but decided to go with the 35%. I don't really care what it looks like but they claim the 35% has about 5% better heat rejection. I figured for the same cost I might as well take it - I just hope I don't get hassled by the man.

I read that tint is no longer metered. Its up to the officer to decide if it visible enough for him to see everyone inside.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4513.241

"(A) The director of public safety, in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, shall adopt rules governing the use of tinted glass, and the use of transparent, nontransparent, translucent, and reflectorized materials in or on motor vehicle windshields, side windows, sidewings, and rear windows that prevent a person of normal vision looking into the motor vehicle from seeing or identifying persons or objects inside the motor vehicle."