Want to know why you take your car to Quality Window Tint?

SpaceGhost

I'll tell you why.

Took the new hotness to get tint yesterday, it was pretty dark when it was done. I asked why the front windows were shiny. He said at the time it was the angle I was looking and also I was looking through the window then the windshield which wasn't tinted. I said ok, I had 2 kids with me so I was focused on getting them in the car. Get to this morning once I saw it with the sun up, front windows were very different than the back. I was just about to call when MY phone rings. It was Quality and he apologizes, he started a car this morning with the same tint I bought and he notices the tint in the box is labeled wrong. He immediately thought of me and my question of why it was "shiny" and called me to fix the car. I did not have to call. How many business owners do that the next day after the work has been paid for in full. He told me to bring it back in and he will fix it within an hour. Great customer service and honesty. This is why this is the 6th car they have done for me.

How much it run you for all 5 windows? Thats always nice to hear good customer service stories.

The lowest grade of tint for my car was $219, mine was the top tier tint called "Pinnacle" and came to $396 something with tax. I also got a microfiber towel to clean them with and an aerosol can of window cleaner that is safe to clean tinted windows with.

I know sorry, it was after 5pm. I got 50% front 35% Rear and back window. I don't like the 20% or lower, it gets to dark at night. Plus a lighter tint I think will look nicer with the dark grey. Who knows when I will get to take pics of a clean car.

I know sorry, it was after 5pm. I got 50% front 35% Rear and back window. I don't like the 20% or lower, it gets to dark at night. Plus a lighter tint I think will look nicer with the dark grey. Who knows when I will get to take pics of a clean car.

I'd like to see the 50% sometime, as I might get my whole windshield done in 50%.

I would, my Fiero had 20% with 50% on the windshield, shit was dark and all the dash lights showed on the windshield at night off the back window.

No they are cheap Mortegi (SP) wheels from tire rack $149 a piece. 18" they come in black, don't know if it's powder coat or paint. I just wanted black wheels for winter so I don't have to clean them. :)

Thank You.

They did my old car. Also excellent job. If for some reason I ever get around to doing the MINI, itll be Quality.

Also that price is a 4 door with wing windows... quite a bit of work. Ive only ever had simpler hatchbacks, and im pretty sure it can make a pretty good difference in price.

You also dont have to get the best stuff either. I think I had the "second best" on my mustang which I chose over the best because I disliked the metallic color of the good stuff, vs the more tint-brown of the 'regular'

I haven't had windows tinted in a few years, but isn't that price a bit (and by bit I mean a lot) excessive? Even for quality work.

Or maybe tint has went way up in price since I last needed it.

I had mine done for less than $150 OTD. IMO, a good price. I mean I've blown $150 on worse things.

I have always had my tint done at Quality Window Tint and the customer service has always been fantastic. My cobalt has 15% for the front and 5% for the back. They didn't rush me to pick out what I wanted and were courteous in answering any questions I had. Mine was 199 for all but the windshield and includes a lifetime warranty.

Again I could have paid $219 for the standard tint, however I chose to buy the best grade of tint they had to put on the car. This is why the price was higher.

The "50%" tint on the front windows of my car reject 49% of solar energy, however the standard tint only rejects 26% of solar energy. All the while staying legal with 54% of light transmittance on the better stuff (even with the windows being tinted from the factory, I fall in the legal range of 50% plus or minus 3 percent) I get twice as much solar rejection with a legal tint. The standard tint has light transmittance of 59% even though called "50%". SO the opinion of everyone who says well your windows are tinted from the factory even with 50% you are illegal, is untrue. The company rounds the number. This hopefully will be keeping my seats cooler in the summer and my leather healthier. It's no different in buying any product with specs and you want a little more performance than the standard equipment. I have never bought this tint before and I wanted to try it out. We will see in the summer if it works. The 35% performs even better on the other windows. I simply chose to read about tint and become an informed buyer, and made a decision, not purely based on looks and price.

Edited by Benjamin