Everyday we get one step closer to zombies

V8 Beast

This does happen at the bar it is called a cut off point where by law if a bartender sees that someone is too inebriated then they have to cut the person off and call them a cab. If they do not do this and the person keeps drinking and then gets in the car and leaves and then kills someone the bar will get sued... Also how many people are going to voluntarly go to rehab while in prision? None, and I will promise you this the quality of care will not be there plus there is smack in prision too so chances are the person will not stay clean. Most generally people are not sent to these clinics also because it costs the state money to put them through that and that money is more than what it costs to shack them up in a cell and forget about them. Only the Lindsey Lohan's get that special treatment or the business profeshionals, now the average crack head off of High street will not get that kind of treatment.

A bartender saying you are done and being forced to attend AA are two different things. In one post you said abusers would be forced to seek help after being monitored. Now you are saying it costs too much to get help??????? Being monitored and getting help for drug abuse is not as simple as you are done for the night like with alcohol. That's more money from taxpayers to track and rehabilitate these people. The money gained from keeping people out of prison and legalizing it will be lost on government funded drug tracking and rehabilitation clinics.

P.S. It is required as part of most drug related convictions to take part in the prison rehabilitation program. Its not optional. Funding was cut do to issues with the economy but they are still there. What makes you think a rehabilitation center can keep your new legal drugs out if prisons cant keep illegal drugs out? In the end the only way a person will get clean is if they want to.

I could see changing the punishment for drugs to reduce people in jail, but legalizing it is not it.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bartender saying you are done and being forced to attend AA are two different things. You said abusers would be forced to seek help after being monitored. That's not a simple you are done for the night. That's more money from taxpayers to track and rehabilitate these people. Now off the money gained from keeping people out of prison and legalizing it will be lost on government funded rehabilitation clinics.

P.S. It is required as part of most drug related convictions to take part in the prison rehabilitation program. Funding was cut do to issues with the economy but they are still there. What makes you think a rehabilitation center can keep your new legal drugs out if prisons cant keep illegal drugs out?

The end result of that money spent on rehabilitation will then make a better, happier America. Like I said this would be for the greater good of our country as a whole. More happier people and a safer country where are inner cities will be a little less poluted by the skum that is poluting it in this day in age. I am happy that you know that funding was cut for rehabilitation centers in prisions. Also with the drugs being monitered and controled by our Government the use of drugs WILL go down I have privided a small amount of info on this already. Lesser drugs on the streets mean lesser drugs that can make their way into prisions. Also by sending these lesser fourtunate individuals that have lost their way to a rehab clinic instead of prision they will not be confronted with the extreamly high temtation to use because they will not have the ability to get their hands on the drug like they would if they were in prision. Dont get me wrong the adict mind in them will still make them crave the drug but it will be far less because they will know that they can not get their hands on it as soon as they go out for rec in the yard because they are at a clinic not a prision. It is pretty obvious to me that you are set in stone with this idea that government control of drugs to you is not the answer. So what is your answer then I am just curious? You have spent this entire time just trying to refute what I have said, however, have not given your idea on how to solve this. Do you really think the current way our country is handleing the situation is how it should be? If so I have already proved that it is not working at all and drug useage among teens is riseing day by day, and we have more drug addicts then ever before. Not only this but kids are now going at what ever means necessary to get high ie snorting salts like in your link, or doing whipits, or huffing gas bla bla bla, and that shit destroies your brain far far faster than coke, weed, or any of our normal street drugs ever will. This current idea of prohibiton is failing on epic proportions and the only reason it is in place is because to many cops, judges, and polticians are making money off of the black market drug trade in one way shape or form.

try to actually come at the message that I am delivering if you can not do this then do not comment becaue your comment is worthless to the debate at hand and you are mearly taking the thread off topic...

Legalizing drugs isn't without it's issues though. More and deeper issues than dealers vs cops with innocent lives in between.

There would be great costs involved all the way around and not costs that the drugs would cover.

You want the Wagner solution to the problem? Everytime someone gets caught selling rock, cutoff a hand. People in today's world only care about extreme measures. Yes the lib's will be pissed and will scream about "rights" being taken away.

You do a serious crime you should have serious punishment. We would either gid rid of most criminal acts, or lots of dumb people that can't figure out "wow i sell drugs i might lose meh hand".

^^ this. I've said it for years. Time to get tough with the bullshit and the bullshit will stop. If not out of will but out of ability. You try robbing a store for the third time when you have no fucking hands.

Rape

Theft

Murder

Eye for an Eye makes it serious. /issues.

Fuck the liberals.

• Upvote 1

^^ this. I've said it for years. Time to get tough with the bullshit and the bullshit will stop. If not out of will but out of ability. You try robbing a store for the third time when you have no fucking hands.

Rape

Theft

Murder

Eye for an Eye makes it serious. /issues.

Fuck the liberals.

:cool:

Legalizing drugs isn't without it's issues though. More and deeper issues than dealers vs cops with innocent lives in between.

There would be great costs involved all the way around and not costs that the drugs would cover.

I am not so sure about that. In 2009 a survey was done and roughly 16.7 million people over the age of 12 use marry jane in the United States alone. Times that by the cost to get a sack of medical weed which is 50 bucks. If my math is right that is 83.5 million dollars that would be made off the first bag that every user buys. That is just the first sack that every user gets imagine what could be made in a years time...

The end result of that money spent on rehabilitation will then make a better, happier America. Like I said this would be for the greater good of our country as a whole. More happier people and a safer country where are inner cities will be a little less poluted by the skum that is poluting it in this day in age. I am happy that you know that funding was cut for rehabilitation centers in prisions. Also with the drugs being monitered and controled by our Government the use of drugs WILL go down I have privided a small amount of info on this already. Lesser drugs on the streets mean lesser drugs that can make their way into prisions. Also by sending these lesser fourtunate individuals that have lost their way to a rehab clinic instead of prision they will not be confronted with the extreamly high temtation to use because they will not have the ability to get their hands on the drug like they would if they were in prision. Dont get me wrong the adict mind in them will still make them crave the drug but it will be far less because they will know that they can not get their hands on it as soon as they go out for rec in the yard because they are at a clinic not a prision. It is pretty obvious to me that you are set in stone with this idea that government control of drugs to you is not the answer. So what is your answer then I am just curious? You have spent this entire time just trying to refute what I have said, however, have not given your idea on how to solve this. Do you really think the current way our country is handleing the situation is how it should be? If so I have already proved that it is not working at all and drug useage among teens is riseing day by day, and we have more drug addicts then ever before. Not only this but kids are now going at what ever means necessary to get high ie snorting salts like in your link, or doing whipits, or huffing gas bla bla bla, and that shit destroies your brain far far faster than coke, weed, or any of our normal street drugs ever will. This current idea of prohibiton is failing on epic proportions and the only reason it is in place is because to many cops, judges, and polticians are making money off of the black market drug trade in one way shape or form.

If the drugs people want are not available in the quantity they want them then they will still be sold illegally. Being government controlled will mean they will go to uncle sam initially then get them another way afterwards.

Clinics can have drugs smuggled in just as prisons. Happens all the time.

You said you smoke. Do you seriously think if the government said you could only smoke once or twice a month you wouldn't look for other options for the 3rd 4th and 5th time? If you smoke like you said you do I strongly believe your answer will disprove your logic about decreasing drug use. You get it illegally now, and it gets in the country illegally now... why would you go legit just because a legal tag was put on it? Government monitoring and distribution just means less illegal sources, not no illegal sources.

P.S. I made a thread about zombies. I dont have to make a solution because I dont mind addicts going to jail.... Its called illegal for a reason.

Quite a bit going on in here but I am for the complete and utter legalization if all "drugs". I am also for the much needed overhaul of our prison system as well. It is a silly thing to try to control peoples behavior by making drugs illegal. Marijuana is not illegal today because of damage caused by it. The history of marijuana in the US has been the subject of many documentaries. People need education not incarceration. The prison system in the US is corrupt, like just about everything else but would be so much less crowded with people not going to jail for growing, selling, or using a plant that grows from the earth. Should we arrest people that grow tomatoes? It is ludicrous to think that making any drug illegal actually helps anyone/anything. If people want it, they will get it. I would rather people get a hold of reliable and relatively safe drugs than that Mexican ditch weed anyway. The only people benefiting from the illegal status of drugs are people in the business (growers, dealers, distributors) and the Government. Don't think for a sec that the Government doesn't have it's hand i the cookie jar.

Quite a bit going on in here but I am for the complete and utter legalization if all "drugs". I am also for the much needed overhaul of our prison system as well. It is a silly thing to try to control peoples behavior by making drugs illegal. Marijuana is not illegal today because of damage caused by it. The history of marijuana in the US has been the subject of many documentaries. People need education not incarceration. The prison system in the US is corrupt, like just about everything else but would be so much less crowded with people not going to jail for growing, selling, or using a plant that grows from the earth. Should we arrest people that grow tomatoes? It is ludicrous to think that making any drug illegal actually helps anyone/anything. If people want it, they will get it. I would rather people get a hold of reliable and relatively safe drugs than that Mexican ditch weed anyway. The only people benefiting from the illegal status of drugs are people in the business (growers, dealers, distributors) and the Government. Don't think for a sec that the Government doesn't have it's hand i the cookie jar.

Going to jail for hurting your own body is a bit too much. Being fined would be a waste because the fines wouldnt be paid. Forcing rehab on someone that doesnt want it wouldnt be beneficial. Ignoring it leaves people in society that are more likely to commit crimes. Its a lose lose situation. Legalize marijuana and other simple drugs and leave the rest alone.

I am not so sure about that. In 2009 a survey was done and roughly 16.7 million people over the age of 12 use marry jane in the United States alone. Times that by the cost to get a sack of medical weed which is 50 bucks. If my math is right that is 83.5 million dollars that would be made off the first bag that every user buys. That is just the first sack that every user gets imagine what could be made in a years time...

Little off. That would be nearly 1 billion dollars. 835,000,000 dollars.

Its so good to see that some people get it...

P.S. I made a thread about zombies. I dont have to make a solution because I dont mind addicts going to jail.... Its called illegal for a reason.

You made a thread about a drug that people are useing that is heavily messing with their minds and causing them to commit hanis acts of violence. This thread is not about zombies... If drugs were not illegal in the first place people would not be looking for a legal buzz from every substance they can put into their bodies. What is worse is that these over the counter substances that people turn to hurt their bodies more and mess them up far more than the drugs that are illegal do. And for the illegal comment, its also illegal to speed, roll a stop sign, run a red light, street race, even drink and drive. I can promise you are guility of doing a few of these if not all and each of these has the potential to effect just as many if not more lives than drug use does. So should we also inact a country wide war on these actions as well?

Rolling stop = selling heroin

Thanks for clearing that up.

Its still breaking the law correct? Your opinion on how severe it is, is just that, an opinion it is still breaking the law and can effect peoples lives when that accident happens and someone dies. (2000) "The leading causes of death in 2000 were tobacco (435,000 deaths; 18.1% of total US deaths), poor diet and physical inactivity (400,000 deaths; 16.6%), and alcohol consumption (85,000 deaths; 3.5%). Other actual causes of death were microbial agents (75,000), toxic agents (55,000), motor vehicle crashes (43,000), incidents involving firearms (29,000), sexual behaviors (20,000), and illicit use of drugs (17,000)." These are some interesting stats here as well and notice the number one killer and the third as well are legal in the United States of America. Its also interesting that living a promiscuous sexual lifestyle has greater odds of killng you than drugs as well...

Post the statistic for rolling stop deaths in 2000.

That would be under the catagory of motor vehicle crashes (43,000) duh... I mearly used that as an example to go along with four others. The point of the matter it is illegal just as drugs are illegal, no matter how meaningless you may believe it to be... If this is your only point then :rolleyes: yawn.

Going to jail for hurting your own body is a bit too much. Being fined would be a waste because the fines wouldnt be paid. Forcing rehab on someone that doesnt want it wouldnt be beneficial. Ignoring it leaves people in society that are more likely to commit crimes. Its a lose lose situation. Legalize marijuana and other simple drugs and leave the rest alone.

I somewhat agree with what you are saying but I don't agree with how you are getting there. I agree that people should not go to jail for hurting themselves (I am not implying that all drugs are harmful to ones health) but depending on the situation some sort of rehabilitation may be beneficial. People DO pay fines and it is a large generation of revenue for the Government so why would people all of a sudden stop paying fines?. Forcing rehab on someone could be beneficial but not usually with a profit motive in place ;). I am not sure what you mean by "ignoring" it? If you are referring to legalization it would by definition reduce the crime rate because possession, use, cultivation, trafficking, etc would all cease to be against the law. This is not to say that real crime or violent crime will go down. I believe it would though. If elimination of crime is the ultimate goal than we would need to limit inequality in our society to the best of our ability and that is not going to happen in Western society until the monetary system collapses.

Why don't you post the statistic of how many people died in the drug trade in the U.S. in 2000?

How have your parents not kicked you out of their basement yet?

Ha ha ha ha ha. Again another person on this forum that feels the need to throw a kidney jab once they are confronted with something that they do not understand. It is funny that when a person on this forum tends to have a lack of understanding of an issue or a general problem with it they tend to go to imature comments thus proving thier overall lack of intellegence on the issue at hand. If you had somethng benificial to add to this conversation you would not be looking for the most miniscule points to bring up thus making look like nothng more than an lost jackass and another one of the sheep in our country going around and doing "what were told" because of lack of ideas to examine the situation outside of the box and go wow maybe this could be right I never thought of looking at it like that. Try opening up your mind once in awhile as opposed to just keeping the creative part shut off to the world and not thinking for yourself...

I guess I'm not a creative, self-righteous druggie then. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/14biggy/Smileys/shrug.gif

One day you may realize that the "thinking for yourself" attitude of yours isn't a creation of your own mind, rather a learned sheepishness from a different populous.

I guess I'm not a creative, self-righteous druggie then. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/14biggy/Smileys/shrug.gif

One day you may realize that the "thinking for yourself" attitude of yours isn't a creation of your own mind, rather a learned sheepishness from a different populous.

By going the opposite way of a "sheep" statement, you are also part of a "sheep" statement. Just a FYI. I learned way back to never make these comparisons for a reason :)

What does that matter? The fact that an idea is not "one's own" does not inherently make it flawed or less valuable of an idea, this is only a trick. The true question is "who benefits?" Ask this question in any situation and you will begin to discover how things really operate on this planet. Many people know but don't care and choose to remain ignorant.