UGH! F U 5th/3rd

TimTaylor751647545500

Some may remember that my account was hacked over Christmas and I wound up with a bunch of fraudulent transactions which eventually fell off and the funds were returned to my account. At the end of December, I closed the account I had since I was 17 and opened a new one to eliminate all chances of my info still being available to the guilty party. At the time, I enrolled in the 5th/3rd ID Alert and Monitoring product which allows you unlimited access to your credit scores and reports and monitors your account for any suspicious activity. 30 days free, then $5.95/month. I have yet to receive my membership id# (which you have to have to be able to register) so I called the company that manages the plan (3rd party co.) again today for an update - no record of me signing up for the product (which I did at the branch when I opened the new account). So they suggest I call my bank and inquire further.

This is where I begin to get frustrated because I realize a few things while I'm on the phone with my branch. They did not transfer my rewards points over to the new account at the end of December so I may have lost out on over $500 worth of rewards. The "excuse" the manager gives me for me not getting enrolled in this program in a month's time is that, "once a quarter we misplace a piece of paperwork or two during their scanning process before they send off these documents to other organizations" - such as this ID Alert group I just got off the phone with. So, 5th/3rd in an attempt to help me keep my info secure and allow me access to monitor my information, they have misplaced the document I signed that has my name, address, account # and signature on it. And her suggestion to remedy this situation is, "just stop back in and we can re-enroll you in the program and send off another document with all of your information". How fucking dumb do you think I am lady?

Long story short - I need a new bank.

Start moving up the management chain. Write down all names and excuses you have been given. Eventually you will talk with someone who actually has authority. Light each person up, in a professional manner, until you reach the solution you want. It will work. Plus you can yell at people in the process.

Banked there for a short period of time after they lost over a thousand dollars worth of deposits:over the course of a few days multiple deposits) an them not having an excuse as to why. Took almost two weeks to find it. Horrible bank horrible customer service ileft them in a heart beat an never looked back.

I wouldn't wish that bank on anyone.

Get ur points fixed redeemed an cashed out an then close all dealings with them.

Start moving up the management chain. Write down all names and excuses you have been given. Eventually you will talk with someone who actually has authority. Light each person up, in a professional manner, until you reach the solution you want. It will work. Plus you can yell at people in the process.

This. They have your personal information, and they lost it. Demand answers.

If you have a military connection... USAA is a great institution. Been with them forever and nothing but the best rates on insurance, securities, and bank accounts.

My step-father is the district commander for the DAV here in town. Maybe I'll get with him to hook me up.

Huntington has always done right by me. I hear Chase is a bitch unless you are an employee, and even then they have 9trillion different fees, same with Bank of America (thank jeebus they're not in Ohio or their tellers would get an earful from me weekly; still have an acct there so I can easily transfer money to/from my parents/sister's account)

Clay where do you work? Pm me.

As for usaa, I don't think you even need to be a member or a dependent anymore. The deals aren't even that great there. No banks are "stellar" in my mind. If you don't want fees, setup overdraft protection at any bank, if you seek high rates or teaser rates look at the online banks like ally, etc.

Working for chase I see a lot of different things now, that you wouldn't see from a consumer side. But in no way is looosing personal info acceptable or tolerable. As for rewards points, they are yours you earned them they have to transfer those points over. Trust me on this. Id protection is a joke , sorry, but it is, set up your account online and monitor it yourself. Keep your info secure, limit buying products online (this is a big one) and get a new bank. Good luck time, sorry this is a shitty situation.

I've always said that I thought that 5/3 was the worst bank in Columbus. Yanking secured credit lines for no reason, fucking up people's mortgages causing them to miss closing, etc, ridiculous

Doesnt chase charge you to use debit?

Ive heard bad things about every bank. Wish Wachovia would somehow get into Ohio. Best bank ive been with. Customer service was awesome.