Hit by police car, then beat by policemen

jeffro

how is it a natural human response? what tells you to run instead of talking to the cops? its like saying that if any person were to approach that guy that he would run.

he saw the cops, he ran because he either did something wrong, was doing something wrong or had something illegal on him.

http://www.thebodysoulconnection.com/EducationCenter/fight.html

Here's an ok write up on it.

This psyche of a black person with relation to cops triggers this often. When see videos like this, and hear stories your entire life, this triggers the fight or flight response. The more you see and hear about black people being abused by cops the more they become a threat. The above information grouped together with a high stress situation is the perfect recipe to trigger a fight or flight response.

To say running is a sign of guilt can be true but its not a 100% correct science. Let say your friend looks behind you, yells oh shit and runs. You may likely respond by running as well before you even know what you are running from. At that point you are running from a possible threat. Deep down in many of our brains police officers are possible threats. The same thing that triggers people to pass a cop and take the next exit "just in case". Not because they are guilty of something, because they dont want to be made guilty of something. Hope that helps.

Edited by V8 Beast

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

while i do not approve of the video, or the police response, we are WAY too fucking lenient of criminals in this country. i did research for a summer in college with an iraqi grad student. he was a rude, inconsiderate prick, and i hated him. regardless, we listened to NPR all summer long, and he would laugh at how lenient things were in the US. the last rape that occured in his city, was something like 15 years ago---they caught the suspect, cut both his arms off, and dragged him around the city with a tow truck while he was still alive reporting over a loudspeaker what happens when you commit rape. how many people would think twice about commiting crimes if the consequences were severe.

how is it a natural human response? what tells you to run instead of talking to the cops? its like saying that if any person were to approach that guy that he would run.

he saw the cops, he ran because he either did something wrong, was doing something wrong or had something illegal on him.

wnaplay- you probably ran because you probably thought you did something wrong and didnt want to get a ticket for it. either that or you wanted some thrill in your life?

I knew I did nothing wrong, I am a grown man with kids and a wife not some deliquant. I have no problem with officers, actually have a few friends that are ones and had the city of columbus not ran out of money, I would actually be one right now. There was no thrill I was after, I just hit the gas and took off. I have no idea why, it made no sense. If the cop would have actually asked me if it was me that did it I would have admitted to it.

I think most people that run and are young just use it as an excuse. they have no personal experience to justify "being scared of the police". hell most have probably never seen anyone truly harrassed by the police. All they know is this is what their friends say they do(who probably have no idea why either) and being young and impressionable they do it as well. Its just stupidity teaching stupidity. I grew up in a bad neighborhood where friends would say they run if they see a cop. I guarantee they were never harrassed but saw a movie where people said they did it and there you go.

V8 Beast-

So if somone came into your house. say you had a child that was home alone.. (or some other family member you care about)

this person didnt physically hurt your child but scared the shit out of them as they trash your house and take your things..

you walk in on this person and they take off running.

how would you handle this situation?

Young black men in this country already know whats going to happen if they run, suspect or not. They are hoping for the big payday. The beating is something they want so why not give it to them.

Joking?

i hope so.

Yeah I was just kidding but it does make for some good videos.

V8 Beast-

So if somone came into your house. say you had a child that was home alone.. (or some other family member you care about)

this person didnt physically hurt your child but scared the shit out of them as they trash your house and take your things..

you walk in on this person and they take off running.

how would you handle this situation?

I unholster my gun, check to make sure my kids are ok and call in 6 cops to kick the shit out of the guy. I would do it myself but if the guy was white the cops might mistake me for the burgler and kick the shit out of me ;)