Something new I had never seen

Buckeye1647545503

Wouldn't trust it at all. There's a delay with GPS systems having to transmit data to a satellite then the satellite retransmiting the data. Try it with any GPS device and you'll see what I mean.

My in dash/in car and portable GPS unit and even the one on my iPhone are all within 1MPH of my dash.

Wouldn't trust it at all. There's a delay with GPS systems having to transmit data to a satellite then the satellite retransmiting the data. Try it with any GPS device and you'll see what I mean.

GPS units don't transmit any data, they measure differences in signals that are constantly sent out from satellites. The measure could be done very quickly if you had more powerful hardware.

Cool idea overall, would make custom jobs much easier.

I also found something new recently, and I think they're very cool.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=207&zenid=15a6f2fcc2074323170a0624e458cb58

Very adaptable, and in a nice compact package. Obviously only good for monitoring parameters which are digital friendly, but I love all the features.

It is fast enough that it is used to control autonomous vehicles and for all kinds of automotive testing. It is probably more accurate then your cars speedo on top of that. (Just for reference, most manufacturers consider +/- 5mph accurate)

lol it is funny other than different makes we seem to be building similar cars

looks like i'll blow your mind with the other "gauges" if i can get them to work in my car. it all depends on when they release something that goes with them;)

My bad then. Every one I've ever used has been slow to respond to changes, maybe I just haven't used any good setups.

As above, GPS systems are passive only. The reason why they're slow is because most navigational GPS devices only update once or twice per second (1-2Hz). This unit updates at 5Hz. There are GPS telemetry systems you can get for a track car that will update at 10-20Hz. These are accurate enough to do predictive lap times and plot individual lines through corners.