Dishwasher issue

wnaplay1647545503

And its not my wife, its the actual machine. We have one that has the wax motor driven door release for the soap. However when its done running, theres always powdered soap left in the dispenser. The door is always open so I know thats working. Nothing is blocking it and I think the rubber that seals the soap door is not sealing and water is bypassing it, clumping the soap so when its time to come out, its already too clumpy to budge. Anyone have any insight on these?

And its not my wife, its the actual machine. We have one that has the wax motor driven door release for the soap. However when its done running, theres always powdered soap left in the dispenser. The door is always open so I know thats working. Nothing is blocking it and I think the rubber that seals the soap door is not sealing and water is bypassing it, clumping the soap so when its time to come out, its already too clumpy to budge. Anyone have any insight on these?

so far we have established 2 things. your dishwasher is broken, and your backup works fine.

tell your wife to get to work. :bangbang:

I saw something like this with mine a few years back. Turned out the water inlet valve was not working well and was not allowing much (or any) water into the machine. I tested my hypothesis by dumping a few pitchers of water into the bottom of it and running it. When I did that the problem went away.

If that is the case you have one of two problems. Either the electric valve has failed and needs to be replaced. Or the shutoff is jammed. Look in the bottom front corners, there will probably be a mushroom looking float. That is the shutoff. When it floats up it pulls closed and shuts off the water. If something gets underneath it and holds it in the up position then the washer will not fill.

If neither of those do the trick you can get some of those gel tabs, and toss one in the bottom of the dishwasher when you run it instead of putting soap in the door.