reward/loyalty cards

AWW$HEEET

Which ones do you personally find to be the best and least beneficial/rewards? I used to think they were gimmicky, kinda still do, but I find myself using them more and more. I'm buying products, so why not use one source and accumulate points?

Currently using:

Asian gourmet points card

Subway card (haven't used in awhile)

Giant Eagle (started using recently)

Speedway (started using recently)

Dick's (don't know where my card is)

Kroger (I have one but I don't know where its at, just type my phone # in at checkout)

Only do Americinn (were we stay up North) because we stay there quite a few times a year and they send you a $40 check for every 10 nights.

Do Delta rewards since we usually fly with them, don't bother with any of the others. I also don't bother with any other hotel rewards since I rarely stay elsewhere.

Discover, mostly use for travel and other big purchases.

Used to do Giant Eagle when we shopped there (shopping all local now).

I generally don't bother unless the benefit is good and I shop there often. Pisses me off that everywhere has some card now, since it's just more shit to carry around in your pocket. Especially grocery stores since you get punished with higher prices if you don't use your card.

Giant Eagle - because they built one 1 minute from my work, have great lunch sandwiches, slaw and pickle for $4-$5. Their normal groceries aren't cheaper than other places, but once I get 8-10% off by buying gas, it makes them a better deal. In return, I usually see a $.40 per gallon fillup about once a month.

Discover - usually get $50-$75 cash back each month.

Speedway & Kroger's customer cards

AAA member

Toyota Rewards for my charge card

I earned about $300 in gas cards last year with my Speedway card. I pre-pay my gas by loading up a gift card, which then earns double the points. Kroger's card always saves me 5-10 bucks each trip. Toyota Rewards has earned so much that it has paid for all the oil changes and other routine maintenance on my 3 Toyota vehicles, and the reward balance continues to outdistance those expenses. AAA member is good for motel and attraction discounts.

I use my Kroger card for my work purchases and usually end up with about 2 -$1 off a gallon per month. I then fill up both cars at the same time. My last fill up was $55 for 30 gallons. (and I saved 30 dollars). I have not paid over $2 a gallon for a full fill up in over a year, as thats about to change with current gas prices.

- Subway, 75 points = free foot long. I always buy the $5 foot longs, and use my points to buy one that isn't on the $5 menu.

- Speedway. I always save up to 66,000 points to get the $100 gift card. Sadly, Speedway is getting more shitty about it. When they first started, they would pay points based on the amount of money you spent on gas (which was awesome), then it was changed to gallons. Now, the $100 card is for non-gas purchases, unless you go with a card that costs more points.

- Kroger card = worthless. Only use it so I can get the sale prices.

- Chase Debit rewards. Costs $25/year to be a member, but there is cash-back rewards, and I end up making money on the deal, so it is worth the membership cost, and takes no effort on my part.

Giant Eagle - because they built one 1 minute from my work, have great lunch sandwiches, slaw and pickle for $4-$5. Their normal groceries aren't cheaper than other places, but once I get 8-10% off by buying gas, it makes them a better deal. In return, I usually see a $.40 per gallon fillup about once a month.

Discover - usually get $50-$75 cash back each month.

- Subway, 75 points = free foot long. I always buy the $5 foot longs, and use my points to buy one that isn't on the $5 menu.

Thats it for me.

And the Mama Mimis punch Card

Speedway is also good for the drink deals, if you buy like 6 gatorades you get the 7th free, and they usually have a 2 for 3 dollars deal too.

Discover has some great cash back deals, but you will inevitably find places that do not accept Discover.

CVS card, but only because if you don't use it there you'll get completely raped by their prices.

Doc how are you 2 timing the speedway points again?

You go into the store and ask either for a prepaid gift card (option #1) or a prepaid gas card (option #2 below).

1) If you get the prepaid gas card, you get points when you buy the gas and also some discount (like 3 or 4 cents per gallon) on whatever gas you buy with the card.

2) What I do is I buy a GIFT card. You are given full points for the purchase at the time you buy the card. As you use the card on your gas, you are given points a second time. The last time I did the math, the points were worth about the same as the per gallon discount that you would have had if you had done option #1 instead.

Sometimes they even do bonus specials on buying the cards. One time last year it worked out to triple the normal points for my gas. I think I bought either $500 or $800 dollars worth.

The Speedway in Waverly (I used to drive through there a lot) also had 4 cents off per gallon every Tuesday just for using the rewards card.

I cashed out over 200,000 rewards points last December and put prepaid gas cards in with some of the Christmas gifts I gave. It seemed a little less tacky than putting cash in with the cards/gifts.

Of course, I pay for the gift card originally using my Toyota Rewards Visa, which then earns credit on services at the Toyota dealership.