Anyone with flat feet?

Rally Pat

I recently went back to a place a worked at a couple years ago but got laid off from when I was an intern. They brought me back to a job where I walk a lot, doing client support in the IT dept. I have been flat footed my entire life, and it makes things like running/playing sports/hiking difficult, not to mention walking on a concrete floor all day supporting people on the plant floor here and walking to the various office areas around the building. It kills my feet pretty bad. Someone suggested getting some Dr. Scholl's inserts of something like that. I just wanted to know if anyone had a similar condition and how they dealt with it. Thanks.

I'm flat footed as well, never really done anything for it. I have some "gellin" inserts I used in my cleats and other uncomfortable shoes. Other than that I would just recommend getting a pair of shoes that can handle the abuse. I mean if I"m on my feet all day my red wing boots feel a lot better than my doc martens.

Go to a good local running shoe store and have them check you out. They will get you in the right shoe for your body/feet and what you will be doing. I will suggest Front Runner, as my sister used to work there and I know they are a good, locally owned shop. But anywhere should be able to take care of you if a different shop is closer; Fleet Feet or Columbus Running Company.

Go to a good local running shoe store and have them check you out. They will get you in the right shoe for your body/feet and what you will be doing. I will suggest Front Runner, as my sister used to work there and I know they are a good, locally owned shop. But anywhere should be able to take care of you if a different shop is closer; Fleet Feet or Columbus Running Company.

+1

I go to second sole and i have also been to road runner sports i think its called up in worthington. You just need the right shoes and then your problems will go away.

+1

I go to second sole and i have also been to road runner sports i think its called up in worthington. You just need the right shoes and then your problems will go away.

Didn't think of second sole, but I've heard some good things. Not sure about Road Runner, I always question how good of service I'm going to get at a place that says 'Worlds Largest.....' You can see it just off of of 270 on the north end of town.

dont need to go to any place special right away...im super flat footed and couldnt run for shit, being on my feet long hurt...i did the dr. scholls machine at meijer, got the ones that fit me (CF440, and they go from like 110 to 440 IIRC, and i was at the end of their range) and just the other day i ran 3.21 miles in 30 minutes without stopping to walk or anything...2 months ago before getting those, 1 mile would kill me, shin splints out the ass. they were VERY MUCH worth the $49.99

dont need to go to any place special right away...im super flat footed and couldnt run for shit, being on my feet long hurt...i did the dr. scholls machine at meijer, got the ones that fit me (CF440, and they go from like 110 to 440 IIRC, and i was at the end of their range) and just the other day i ran 3.21 miles in 30 minutes without stopping to walk or anything...2 months ago before getting those, 1 mile would kill me, shin splints out the ass. they were VERY MUCH worth the $49.99

my feet only hurt after being at cedar point all day. but when i run for an extended period of time it feels like my shins are on fire

after you run, do 2 sets of 25 of these...

my buddy is a trainer at the gym, and is a cross country runner, so i listen to him when it comes to running. this helped my shin splints A LOT...he said just to do them leaning on a wall with my feet just slightly in front of me, and basically just pull your toes up. first time i could barely get my toes off the ground...i can get them up a bit more now.

plus, you might be landing on your heel when you run and slapping your foot down, which will give you shin splints. i used to do this too...idk if i just kinda forced myself to run correctly to where i didnt do it anymore, or if the inserts kinda threw my balance forward just enough that i stopped, but i dont slap my feet down anymore.

Didn't think of second sole, but I've heard some good things. Not sure about Road Runner, I always question how good of service I'm going to get at a place that says 'Worlds Largest.....' You can see it just off of of 270 on the north end of town.

only reason i like road runner is cause they have treadmills in the store and they will let you try on the shoes and then run on the treadmills for a while with them.

dont need to go to any place special right away...im super flat footed and couldnt run for shit' date=' being on my feet long hurt...i did the dr. scholls machine at meijer, got the ones that fit me (CF440, and they go from like 110 to 440 IIRC, and i was at the end of their range) and just the other day i ran 3.21 miles in 30 minutes without stopping to walk or anything...2 months ago before getting those, 1 mile would kill me, shin splints out the ass. they were VERY MUCH worth the $49.99 [/quote']

You can go buy a nice pair of running shoes for $20 more and you get shoes that will make your feet not hurt. I don't like insoles