Starting a Golf Forum

Brendon

Starting a Golf Forum

I was thinking about starting my own forum for golfers. I'm a bit skeptical about it, because free forums usually suck, and I don't have $250+ to shell out for a vBulletin license of $150 for an IPBoard license. I was thinking about using phpBB, myBB, InvisionFree, or Zetaboards to make the forum, and thinking about possibly buying my own URL. Would anyone have any suggestions, or would anyone be willing to help me out?

whatever you do, get your own domain an your own hosting. Don't use one of the free hosted forum sites. As far as phpbb, I would avoid it. Get a host that has cpanel and use fantastico to setup SMF. It's better than phpbb imo and it is also free.

whatever you do, get your own domain an your own hosting. Don't use one of the free hosted forum sites. As far as phpbb, I would avoid it. Get a host that has cpanel and use fantastico to setup SMF. It's better than phpbb imo and it is also free.

I was trying to avoid phpBB as much as possible. Thanks for the info.\

do you have any experience with this?

I do, yes. I have moderated and administrated many websites in the past. Particularly vBulletin though.