? For Guys Who Have Gotten Lots OF Tickets

CJINOHIO03

What happens if you get three in within a year? A friend told me the cop said they had to go to court. They were all minor speeding tickets. I had never heard of this before. Do they suspend your license or what? Or are they just bsn

It depends on the county your in or the departments that stops you..

I give a mandatory court date for 3rd MOVING violation in 12 months..

You will likely get highest fine. and possibly have to attend a driving school.

Also if "your friend" has it marked on there tick as a mandatory court date.. if he doesn't go he will have a Bench warrant placed.

many years ago I had to goto court. The first trial was "guilty, not guilty or no contest". I went the not guilty route and then they scheduled the trial. I didn't have a attorney, just represented myself. Before I went to the court, the other attorney asked what I didn't like about the ticket and I said the points on my license. I forget exactly how it played out, but I agreed with her beforehand and when we went in I just had to pay the fine and no points. This was almost 20 years ago though so it may be different now.

(PS - it was a reckless op ticket. Wasn't drinking, would never do that and drive. I had just hooked up nitrous and tested in a business district in the middle of the night... my luck as usual, it just so happened we were both back there at the same time lol.)

It depends a lot on where you got the tickets. When I was still doing a lot of driving for my business I got quite a few tickets and the Columbus ones meant very little other than points but I got one in southern Ohio in some Podunk speed trap and they instantly wanted to throw the guy from the big fancy city in jail although cooter and Cletus in front of me got pulled over drunk and fled from the cops only to be told if they did it again the judge would call their mama and get them switched fo sure dis time boys. Basically hope to god they were in Columbus or ya may end up bunkin with the duke boys.

you have to acrue 12 points to lose your lisence, but you can get higher fines and or jail time for repeated moving violations..

Has this changed recently? I got a letter from the state back when I had a failure to control and speeding ticket (6 pts) that if I got another violation (for 8 pts total) I would lose my license. Back in 2004.

Get a lawyer.

its up to the judge, but ive had 3+ tickets over 12 months multiple times and its no big deal, just be sure to not get 12 points, youre fucked no matter what if you have 12

also... if you have a lot of points you can take a class and then the next offense does not add points.. just ask in court about the class when you have to go in..

I have got two tickets in a week and was told a third would be mandated to court (I believe that it has to be three moving violations). I have also hit the 12 points in two years and didn't loose my license because I went and took the driving school credit before the court assigned the last set of points. I have also experienced a reckless op as 2 points because you don't have any violations in a year and a reckless op as 4 points because of another violation within the past year.

I have got two tickets in a week and was told a third would be mandated to court (I believe that it has to be three moving violations). I have also hit the 12 points in two years and didn't loose my license because I went and took the driving school credit before the court assigned the last set of points. I have also experienced a reckless op as 2 points because you don't have any violations in a year and a reckless op as 4 points because of another violation within the past year.

And I thought I was bad when I was your age lol. My worst was two reckless ops in a week back in the day (it was just a small burnout :), if they wanted to see a real reckless op, I could have really shown them one but I didn't