I have good news...

Sully

Well, crap. Nevermind. I was given some much better rates on my auto insurance only to find out that I can't exactly switch companies just yet. I have to wait until this fall and try again. Bummer. Edited by Sully

44%, that's fucking significant. How was/is your driving record if you don't mind me asking. Not that it matters to me cause my insurance is cheap, but ya never know, could be cheaper.

See my edit above.

They had all the info needed to quote me rates, which they did. They just called back to tell me that the underwriter won't insure me just yet.

Ouch. Frickin jerks.

Not their fault I got the tickets. But, they did already have all of my info before they gave me the quote. They should have told me the first time instead of getting my hopes up.

When you finally do go to switch, make sure they aren't dropping your liability limits. I had a guy call me because of a group rate discount I get with Nationwide and he gave me this great rate. I then asked him what the limits were, and they were all state minimum. When he gave me the quote on my current limits it was about 5% higher than what I currently pay

About 8 months ago I switched from Nationwide to Geiko and am saving over $400/month. Saved $200/mo on homeowners, $120/mo on the RV, and $30/mo on each car. My other policies were the same. But regardless, that's pretty significant.

did they give you a qoute with your tickets on their? how did that compare to your current rates?

No. She just said that the underwriter wouldn't insure me and said they'd keep my name/number and call me back in September. My violations will fall off at the end of August. At least I know what my rates will be when it comes time. Gives me a great reason to stay clean.