New Guy

dsm4life321

Welcome, Joe. It sounds as though you're a real enthusiast--owning, working on, flipping cars. Lots of guys here into that and also many of us enjoy shooting and bikes.

Although you posted a link to some photos, I'd still suggest you take the photos you have of your rides and host them so that they can appear in your intro thread.

I hope to see you at some of our track days and meets.

+ rep

welcome, good intro. with the firebird, you would be suprised how quick you can get them with not a ton invested. I have a 96 3.8 bird with a cam, intake, exaust, converter and and 4.10 gears running 13's (which by the way, both the motor and tranny in the car will be for sale shortly)

What size turbo on the Eclipse?

mensan, I have a Turbonetics 50 trim T3-T4 hybrid turbo. It does the job. I could have gone a lot bigger with the engine mods I have done, but I didn’t want to wait any longer for spool time

Welcome, Joe. It sounds as though you're a real enthusiast--owning, working on, flipping cars. Lots of guys here into that and also many of us enjoy shooting and bikes.

I hope to see you at some of our track days and meets.

Doc, thanks for the warm welcome. I’m glad to hear that I’m not the only one moding in Columbus. I found this site a few months ago and was so excited when I did because hopefully now I’ll be about to see what everyone is doing with their cars. ( cruising the streets just hasn’t been yielding much, so maybe CR will!)

I’m planning on some of those track days doc! I’m hoping to make some new friends that share the same love for cars as I have.

Sounds like you'll fit in around here. I tried linking some of the photos from fquick in here, but my HTML skills suck.

Thanks LT1Rick, let me see what I can do. Maybe I’ll have better luck, fingers crossed!

One of the better Noob intro's I've seen in a long time. Welcome.

Hahaha! Thanks mallard, I saw some of my fellow noob intro’s and I wasn’t overly impressed with them. Seemed like none of them actually read the “before you post” thread. :rolleyes:

welcome, good intro. with the firebird, you would be suprised how quick you can get them with not a ton invested. I have a 96 3.8 bird with a cam, intake, exaust, converter and and 4.10 gears running 13's (which by the way, both the motor and tranny in the car will be for sale shortly)

Thanks Pontiacfreak142, the 3800 series is hands down a great motor. And as you’ve seen first hand there IS power to be made out of those motors. But I’m getting sick of getting hated on by our big V8 brothers.

Welcome...by the time you've stayed long enough your name will be Fbody4life lol

Haha this may end up being true. Seems like there are a lot of F-body guys here which is great! I might end up taking Habitual Sinner’s advise and go LSX!

Thanks Pontiacfreak142, the 3800 series is hands down a great motor. And as you’ve seen first hand there IS power to be made out of those motors. But I’m getting sick of getting hated on by our big V8 brothers.

Haha this may end up being true. Seems like there are a lot of F-body guys here which is great! I might end up taking Habitual Sinner’s advise and go LSX!

thats why you should buy my stuff and go whoop there asses lol. Honestly though, i was looking at you fquick page and i actually have that cam and stuff you have in the to do list.

Welcome +rep to you my man. One of the better intros I have seen in awhile. I got on your page and took a look at your cars and noticed your blog/ car updates. Seems you were having some trouble with Slowmotion... I have heard quite a few intresting things that people have had to go through with them. The good, the bad and the ugly. I am sending you a pm because I want to hear your storey and share a few of mine that I have. I figure a pm is better because I know the have some supporters on this site and I do not want any hard feelings...

You should share them.

I just sent him my stories and just want to hear his in more detail besides what he had that I read which sounded like it took months for a tune and they was just letting his car sit in their shop and collect dust while compleating others and starting other builds as well. Just the typical shayness. I dont really know if I should share mine or not because the main one was not a good situation at all to say the least and like I said I know they have a few nuttswingers on the forum. All I will say at this point is unless its a honda do not waste your time and money with them that is just my 2 cents and even then keep a close eye on whats going on. I know others have had good experiances and they have put together a few good cars but ya... If you really want me to share I can send you a pm of a few stories from back in the day and being that your a modd you could give me your thoughts on if I should share to the masses. They could have gotten more organised by now but I wouldnt give them my car thats for sure.

Fuck them.

/thread

Well you know what since you said that I do not feel bad about sharing so here it goes. Here are just a few stories I have. These are from some years ago but they were in business when it happened. A friend of mine took his tsi there to get some work done. It was head work, big turbo, clutch ect ect. The day he gets his car back he leaves and no more then maybe 2 miles down the road turbo blows and the entire motor just shits all over morse road. He wasnt even reving the car past 3 grand so imo this should not have happen. He bitches them out and they try to make it right and do a 6 bolt swap and new turbo set up for him and all that jazz and no more than a month later the car is just broken in and he finaly gets to open it up a little bit and the first 3/4 pull he makes the turbo and motor shits all over 270... Another friend about a year or so later (this is when they were at their shop by the airport) sends them his 300zxtt for a built block, big turbo set up looking to make big power. Well a year goes by and the car is still sitting out back of the shop in pices and shit is missing to the build that was paid for already. Were talking motor parts, parts of the turbo kit, interior parts to that car, all kinds of shit. Friend threatens to sue and they try and make it right but another year or so goes by and car is still untouched sitting out back and the motor was gone by that point and Cory wouldnt return phone calls or nothing and was just avoiding them at all costs. Well they went at them and from what the family told me tried to sue him for all he was worth and before I could hear the outcome my friend moved to New York and never got his car back. They are shady dudes IMO. Like I said things could have changed by now and they could have their shit together but I could care less. That is just a few horror stories that have been told to me let alone some others just show an overall lack of character, and the fact that it seems all they care about is their personal cars and making money. What was your experiance to give you those strong feelings?