WR250X Integrated Tail Light Mod (How To)

12oclocker

Well I wanted my WR250X to have integrated turn signals in the rear LED stock taillight, and didn't want to pay $100 for the after market R1 taillight (WR250X and the '02 '03 R1 use the same taillight) so I cut open the stock taillight with a dremel and a fine cutting disk, and designed my own controller board, cut 4 traces on the board, and placed my controller board inside, then reseal the taillight with krazy glue, here are some pics, schematic, etc, my total project cost was less than $5...

wr250x-ctrl.gif

board-layout.gif

Controller Board Assembled

controller-board-1.jpg

Final Product

taillight.jpg

I'll post up some more pics after I mount it up, I removed the huge tail section junk, and will be making a custom mount for this under the tail.

• 2 months later...
I'm just having alittle trouble understanding how you have the wires soldered to the new board. Can you explain this? Also how did you mount the board once inside the light? Thank you in advance and great mod, well done.

I can't explain it now, its already assembled and on my bike, and I don't want to tear it apart.

wait till you see my CRF integrated tail light, its going to do chaser patterns for the turn signals, it's going to be sweet!

I can't explain it now, its already assembled and on my bike, and I don't want to tear it apart.

wait till you see my CRF integrated tail light, its going to do chaser patterns for the turn signals, it's going to be sweet!

awesome job yet again buddy, might have to send u a tail light for the sumo and let u wokr some magic

• 1 year later...

i hope this does not annoy anybody,

how do you 12oclocker (here is 16:20 now) are doing? how do you plugged that controller into the led lantern? does that controller fitted inside the plastic, next to the led system?

is just that i bought on ebay that lantern, but i want to leave it just the way you done it

thanx!