Goodbye Columbus...I am moving to Texas

RC K9

I accepted a job offer earlier this week and I just submitted my 2 week notice of resignation from my current employer this morning.

Just wanted to say to those of you I have had the opportunity to meet and interact with, it's been a pleasure.

To those of you who gave me the opportunity to train your dogs, thanks. Your business is greatly appreciated. I will still be available to answer questions if you have any but unless you want to send your dog to TX, unfortunately I won't be available to train.

To everyone who bought stuff off me, thanks for your money ;)

To everyone who gave me a great deal on parts, car related services, wine, advice, and everything else, thanks for cutting me a deal, it is greatly appreciated.

For all of you who prayed for my brother Matthew's recovery after being hit by the roadside bomb last year, THANK YOU! Your prayers were heard and answered.

It's been a pleasure getting to know a lot of you.

Regards,

-Ryan

What part?

Dallas/Ft Worth area.

Bye Bye James :( This will just give you the incentive to build the beastliest DSM you can so when you visit you have some kind of prayer with the monstrosities that roam the streets of TX. I certainly wont be able to build something like that so it's all on you mang.

Dallas/Ft Worth area.

Bye Bye James :( This will just give you the incentive to build the beastliest DSM you can so when you visit you have some kind of prayer with the monstrosities that roam the streets of TX. I certainly wont be able to build something like that so it's all on you mang.

I live right off Greenville Ave almost right off 75 in Dallas. I'm pretty close to damn near everything, but I haven't really gotten out to Ft.Worth yet. It's about an hour drive from Dallas to get over to Ft.Worth. I think you'll like it if you haven't already been. Don't be suprised to see lots of exotics rolling around downtown/uptown area. Not to mention there is always tons of stuff to do, but some of the bars/restaurants get a little crowded if they're popular at the moment.

I live right off Greenville Ave almost right off 75 in Dallas. I'm pretty close to damn near everything, but I haven't really gotten out to Ft.Worth yet. It's about an hour drive from Dallas to get over to Ft.Worth. I think you'll like it if you haven't already been. Don't be suprised to see lots of exotics rolling around downtown/uptown area. Not to mention there is always tons of stuff to do, but some of the bars/restaurants get a little crowded if they're popular at the moment.

Yeah I not a huge fan of the heat and I am moving going right into summer so it will be interesting to see how that turns out for me.

Yeah I not a huge fan of the heat and I am moving going right into summer so it will be interesting to see how that turns out for me.

Been good weather so far. It's not as bad as central Texas was when I was there. You'll be just in time for tornado season :lol: I plan on getting out into the suburbs sometime next year, unless I get a screaming deal on a condo in town.

Been good weather so far. It's not as bad as central Texas was when I was there. You'll be just in time for tornado season :lol: I plan on getting out into the suburbs sometime next year, unless I get a screaming deal on a condo in town.

I hear traffic is nuckin futs in Dallas. I personally don't want anything to do with city living. I would like a decent yard and some space between me and my neighbors.

Tornados...yippeee.

I hear traffic is nuckin futs in Dallas. I personally don't want anything to do with city living. I would like a decent yard and some space between me and my neighbors.

Tornados...yippeee.

Get in before 4:00pm and you'll be ok. You'll wanna move outside of Dallas like Plano, Irving, Richardson, Addison etc... All those are relatively close to Dallas too. If you end up driving, plan on a good 17 hours.

Yeah, I am driving down. Probably driving back in August for the DSM shootout in Norwalk as well. Nice long drive ha ha.

Just go to H-town for TX2K11. One of these days I'll get around to going down there with something worth while. I've done the 17 hour trip more than a few times, and it does suck, but it ain't that bad.

Good luck, man. Texas has its ups and downs. Dallas is a nice city as far as cities go. I lived in Arlington for a short time years and years ago. (I've lived ALL over Texas, though. lol) Anyway, enjoy yourself. Personally, I love moving to a new place and being given the opportunity to explore new places and things. I won't say goodbye since I haven't had the opportunity to meet you in person ;) and I'm sure you'll remain here, on CR. Hell, a few of us should get together next year for TX2K11 and head down. I know there's at least a half dozen CR people in Texas, now. :D

This guy owes me 10 bucks thats stays in Ft. Worth. If you ever wanna make a hundo let me know and all you have to do is hit him in the head with a bat. I can pm you his addy.

For real though. Im always in that area working. Dallas is a fun ass city but make sure to change your tags to Texas tags asap. You are going to be pulled repeatedly by state troopers thinking you are running dope back to Ohio.

Good luck!