Who lives/lived in Florida?

dover

Tampa gets my vote, if I were to move to FL that'd be the only place I move to. You can't go wrong with Tampa / Clearwater / St. Petersburg areas.

this this this

I used to go to this area every year, we would vacation around Clearwater Beach and my grandparents would stay in St. Pete 4 months every year over the winter, it's a VERY nice area. WAY better than Miami in every way. I've been all over the west coast of Florida and would highly recommend living there.

If you can deal with the heat and Humidity then Okay. I would die. We vacation there but I doubt I'd live there unless it was simply to retire and cook on the beach or in a pool.

this is a good point that many don't realize. in the summer, it rains for 30 minutes every single day----yes, every single day. insurance is a bitch there, we paid a fair amount more for our policy than in ohio---both auto and homeowners.

the summer gets unbearable humidity. you will not be able to do squat there during the day outside in the summer heat/humidity. people have automatic starters there, so they can get the a/c going before they get in the car. great place to spend the winter. the summer, not so much.

the summer gets unbearable humidity. you will not be able to do squat there during the day outside in the summer heat/humidity.

I spent more time indoors in Florida during the summer then I did in Ohio during the winter - True story.

My brother on the other hand enjoyed the sunshine and could care less about the humidity...Needless to say he HATES Ohio. I guess it all depends on the person.

Thank you all for the great information. I lived in Louisiana for a couple years so humidity is the least of my worries. I am going to have to take a small vacation to Tampa to look at some areas. Wagner I've been on need2speed for years, I will become more active on there if I in fact can get this move under way.

To each their own...

I never got the Ohio people that complain about how hot it is in the summer in FL. IT'S FUCKING HOT IN OHIO TOO!!! The one thing that makes the west coast (Tampa/St.Pete, Clearwater, Sarasota, Ft. Myers, Naples/Marco Island) waaay better than the east coast is the GULF BREEZE. Yes, it's hot and humid and it rains every afternoon during the summer, but the Gulf of Mexico is constantly churning good breezes that keep the rain to a minimum and give reprieve to the heat/humidity.

Every time I visited Orlando, Miami, Sebring, I was choked by how stifling the air is during warmer months. If you live/work east of I-75 you will be miserable. I know that only leaves a small strip of land to pick from, but it's great advice.

I'm going to my condo in Naples in a few weeks and definitely looking forward to it. :)

BTW, Sweetbay and Publix are the greatest supermarkets ever.

To each their own...

I never got the Ohio people that complain about how hot it is in the summer in FL. IT'S FUCKING HOT IN OHIO TOO!!! The one thing that makes the west coast (Tampa/St.Pete, Clearwater, Sarasota, Ft. Myers, Naples/Marco Island) waaay better than the east coast is the GULF BREEZE. Yes, it's hot and humid and it rains every afternoon during the summer, but the Gulf of Mexico is constantly churning good breezes that keep the rain to a minimum and give reprieve to the heat/humidity.

Every time I visited Orlando, Miami, Sebring, I was choked by how stifling the air is during warmer months. If you live/work east of I-75 you will be miserable. I know that only leaves a small strip of land to pick from, but it's great advice.

I'm going to my condo in Naples in a few weeks and definitely looking forward to it. :)

BTW, Sweetbay and Publix are the greatest supermarkets ever.

Is your Condo on the gulf? I lived about a mile inland and it was always humid as hell! Just nasty sticky bullshit non-stop. (except for Nov-March which were absolute bliss, except for the goddamn traffic)

At any rate one of the main reasons I choose to move back was the lack of a full-time younger crowd in the SW regions . I mean picking up sugar mama's would have been nothing, but young attractive women seemed to be few and far between - not to mention the economy south of Tampa is absolute crap.

And Publix was nice, but I couldn't get over Grocery stores closing @ 10:00pm every night of the week. That part of Florida is marketed towards seniors who wake up @ 5:00am and go to bed @ 9:00pm (or earlier) - couldn't stand it.

There was someone on here who said Florida is comprised of 3 different types of people: Senior citizens, Drug users, and Drug dealers...that is the basically the absolute truth. If you are not 55 and older you're automatically slumped into the other two categories and treated like shit, there's no such thing as a "young professional" down there (south of Tampa) - fuck that state.

My condo is in Vanderbilt Towers in Naples, on the gulf behind Delnor-Wiggins State Park. I'm not sure what you did down there, but I quickly developed a great network of young professionals during my stay. I never was really interested in the club scene, but I found Naples to be a great place to develop one-on-one relationships with people. I met some awesome car nuts through The Breakfast Club (my inspiration for Cars and Coffee) but admittedly you could see the car scene - like everything else down there - DRY UP when the economy failed. http://www.NaplesRacing.com was a great site and it just died one day...never came back.

Naples has gotten a lot better over the last few years: there are great clubs and restaurants that are open late nite, a reflection of the place having more full-time residents than before, but it still needs a little help. I've always recommended that you need to find a great job first before moving...it's not a great place to start a career unless you've already got an "in" somewhere!

Hence, my recommendation that you look at Tampa if you're going to move. :)

Both my cousins moved down there in the past few years...One in St. Petersburg and one in Orlando. Both love it and say they're never moving back. I love visiting there and could see myself making the move in 15 years or so. Screw Ohio weather.