Getting bored with my GTI. New car help: 20k limit

Aaron

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the title states, I am getting tired of my car. I have had 3 of them (06 GTI DSG, 08 Rabbit 5 speed and current 09 gti 6 speed) and been driving them since middle of 2007. Time for a change.

I recently went for a round of test drives and it has sparked my interest in a new car. I drove the new 5.0 and loved it, but base model with brembo is 32k.

stick it out for a slightly used 5.0 Mustang. They will surely pop up. Contact Jason here on CR. He's been off-site for a while, but he took my $34k Fusion Sport fully loaded and I picked it up for under $32k OTD with loads of extras that I didn't expect. I can PM you his info.

Remember I am a big guy (6'6" and 325).

So I have another good 2 tenths on you just with you being in the car :p

stick it out for a slightly used 5.0 Mustang. They will surely pop up. Contact Jason here on CR. He's been off-site for a while, but he took my $34k Fusion Sport fully loaded and I picked it up for under $32k OTD with loads of extras that I didn't expect. I can PM you his info.

So I have another good 2 tenths on you just with you being in the car :p

That would be great. The 5.0's are already popping up on lots with under 10k for 27-29.9k. It will be on my short list in a few years to pick up another car.

Since you are already in the VW family, why not just go for a R32 and turbo it?

MKIV R is on my list as well.

Not for a while though.

I just read your height and weight. I don't think you'd like the GTO as a DD. My good friend goes about 6'2" / 350 and it was a tight squeeze for him in my GTO.

Me and him are damn there the same in size. I have bad knees and never had 1 problem daily driving my old GTO. Got in and out fine and fun to drive. 6 hour "comfortable" trips. GTO would be my first pick. Brian, there are alot of IBM goats with black interior. Just have 2 look hard, mine was one:cool:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=292214878

Just saying.....

Wasn't this car on CR ???

I have seen this car a few times. Guy is cool and it hauls ass!! He is on here and buckeyegoats. Thats a steal for the price. 11 sec goat and built right! Still room for improvement as well.