New from Akron Area

jreese86

Hey guys, I just now found a link to this forum and I wanted to sign up. I live in Cuyahoga Falls right near State 8. I started riding last season on a 2007 GS500F. Over the winter I bought a 1982 Yamaha Maxim 750 so that the girlfriend had something comfy to ride on. I sold my GS500F a few weekends ago and went to Honda East in Toledo and walked out with a brand new leftover 2008 Yamaha FZ6 for a ridiculously low price. Rode about 160 miles back in 45 degree weather and put another 20 or so on it Sunday. I rode it to work this morning and all my coworkers looked at me like I was crazy (it was about 38 degrees at 7am this morning). I'm loving the bike so far, and I haven't even taken it over 8k rpm. It's so comfortable and I'm pretty sure I can turn it into a two-up sport-tourer with a small amount of money. I'll probably sell my XJ750 mid summer if so.

Unfortunately I don't really have any friends that ride, so the only time I get to ride with people is when my Dad comes in from out of town. I would love to do some group rides and meet some new people. I'm pretty excited that I found this site!

Here's some pics!

side2k.th.jpg

gearup2.th.jpg

side1w.th.jpg

onbike3.th.jpg

gearup2.th.jpg

zeroodo.th.jpg

The moment I've been waiting for:

takeoff1.th.jpg

Edited by jreese86

Welcome. Nice Yamaha! I'm in the same boat as you, none of my friends ride either, so I mainly just ride by myself. I may head over to State 8 to look around after work today, its been a year or two since I've checked things out over there.

Got a nice ride in today. Left work 2 hours early and rode for about 3 before going to class. This thing is so comfy, the only thing that was a tad sore was my butt from the stock seat. Gonna order a corbin in a few weeks.

I've average 85 miles a day since I got this bike on Saturday =)

Edited by jreese86

• 2 weeks later...